El Shrimp Bucket, Mazatlan

Laurie S.

I'm just curious if anyone has been to the original El Shrimp Bucket in Mazatlan lately. I was there with my parents back around 1962 when they first opened. I had been playing on the beach and got hit by a wave when I turned my back on the ocean. My parents tried to be mad, but they couldn't stop laughing. I remember going into the restaurant soaking wet and having a wonderful meal. We went back several times, but I haven't been there since the 1960s.

I've been to Mazatlan many times, mostly by driving. Our normal activity in port is to dive, but it's terrible there, so for the short day we have there on our next cruise I want to go back to El Shrimp Bucket and reprise that memory and share it with my husband. I've looked at Trip Advisor and it looks like they're still getting good reviews. Anyone here been there?

I'm just curious if anyone has been to the original El Shrimp Bucket in Mazatlan lately. I was there with my parents back around 1962 when they first opened. I had been playing on the beach and got hit by a wave when I turned my back on the ocean. My parents tried to be mad, but they couldn't stop laughing. I remember going into the restaurant soaking wet and having a wonderful meal. We went back several times, but I haven't been there since the 1960s.

I've been to Mazatlan many times, mostly by driving. Our normal activity in port is to dive, but it's terrible there, so for the short day we have there on our next cruise I want to go back to El Shrimp Bucket and reprise that memory and share it with my husband. I've looked at Trip Advisor and it looks like they're still getting good reviews. Anyone here been there?[/quote

Laurie,

I was there last December. I don't know if that qualifies for "lately". On our first trip to Mazatlan in 1984.....we stayed at the Hotel La Siesta(which is in same bldg). DW and I had a few meals the Shrimp Bucket...and too many margaritas. I think the last time we ate there was in 2004.

We wanted...like you ....to experience it again. Ordered shrimp...which was excellent and margaritas(still deadly). I've heard the service and food..can sometimes be hit or miss. We enjoyed it...brought back lots of good memories. We've always enjoyed that part of old Mazatlan.

I'd give it a try...could bring back some great family memories!

Edited by cruizinator