Ensenada and La Guerrerense Street Food Cart

golfgod003

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you!!!

You sound just like me and my husband. Our next cruise is less than a month and we keep talking about the food!! I've been pouring over menus and trying to decide what I will order.

Same as my husband and I love loves from everywhere, we are doing the self guided tour too. We are doing the princess crown second week of October cant wait very excited. :):):):):):)

Same as my husband and I love loves from everywhere, we are doing the self guided tour too. We are doing the princess crown second week of October cant wait very excited. :):):):):):)

You're not alone. We plan around food also. Ensenada has some very good restaurants. We like Taquiero Lindo, Portrero Viejo, Guadalajara, El Meson del Fernando, Hacienda. I know there are others. One of these times we'll get to the stalls by the fish market.

We don't go until the last week of October. I can't come quick enough that is for sure. People are already saying I'm crazy to be eating seafood off street carts. I don't care. lol

I eat off the carts 1x or 2x/wk but I live in MX and am used to it, know which vendors thoroughly cook their vittles and the ones who don't.

If you are jumping off a cruise ship and feel the need to grab a bite from a cart, understand the risk. The wrong cart and there goes your cruise.

Nothing like it all holidays are like that, New Zealand does not have the foods like over the other side of the world, are you in the same ship as us Sadie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, lol. You're not alone traveling by your stomach. Many times we research restaurants rather than tourist spots.

We did the California Coastal on the Crown last March. It was interesting sailing to cities only a short drive from home--San Francisco is 6 hours and Ensenada is only 3 hours away.

Going north a few weeks ago we had to take a detour to San Francisco. Had a good crab cake sandwich at the take out at Boudin's. Bought several loaves of sourdough, including the raisin chocolate sourdough.

The restaurants in my list above are all within a block of the tourist street and we've never had a problem.

Also Mexican Popsicles (paletas) and ice cream is very good. La Michoacana is the local chain. There's one up the street from Taquiero Lindo.

Edited by SadieN

No, lol. You're not alone traveling by your stomach. Many times we research restaurants rather than tourist spots.

We did the California Coastal on the Crown last March. It was interesting sailing to cities only a short drive from home--San Francisco is 6 hours and Ensenada is only 3 hours away.

Going north a few weeks ago we had to take a detour to San Francisco. Had a good crab cake sandwich at the take out at Boudin's. Bought several loaves of sourdough, including the raisin chocolate sourdough.

The restaurants in my list above are all within a block of the tourist street and we've never had a problem.

Also Mexican Popsicles (paletas) and ice cream is very good. La Michoacana is the local chain. There's one up the street from Taquiero Lindo.

Just a question about san Fran, I was planning on going to Boudin's to try the Clam chowder in the sour dough bun would that be the best place to try it, as my mum raved about it 24 years ago and I am following her trip around as she past away 18 years ago now. But really want to try a nice one. :)

I eat off the carts 1x or 2x/wk but I live in MX and am used to it, know which vendors thoroughly cook their vittles and the ones who don't.

If you are jumping off a cruise ship and feel the need to grab a bite from a cart, understand the risk. The wrong cart and there goes your cruise.

Which Carts do you think are safe as I am from the otherside of the world I will have no clue and I have a little more of a holiday after I leave mexico, so no time to get sick. :)

Just a question about san Fran, I was planning on going to Boudin's to try the Clam chowder in the sour dough bun would that be the best place to try it, as my mum raved about it 24 years ago and I am following her trip around as she past away 18 years ago now. But really want to try a nice one. :)

My husband loves their clam chowder. And that bread is to die for. I am allergic to clams so I get their tomato basil in a bread bowl. It's fantastic.

Best is pretty subjective, but Boudin's calm chowder is very good. The truth about San Francisco is that it's such a food centric city that bad restaurants don't last long. If a place has been open more then a couple months chances are it is pretty good. Personally I like Scoma's over Boudin's. Then again I also prefer cioppino to chowder. There is nothing more San Francisco then Cioppino.