Magic Deck1 room

bryan9915

We just booked our first Disney cruise on the Magic of the Sea. We wanted a room near the middle of the ship and ended up on level one. At first I didn't think much of it as we are near the elevators and an extra floor on an elevator is NBG. But then I saw the ship lay out and noticed there were only a few guest rooms on deck 1. This worried me. The only other thing noted on the layout for level 1 was the health center. Anyone know what else is down there? Crew quarters, laundry, etc? Our biggest concern is noise especially at night. On our last cruise (different company) we were next to some utility area and were disturbed at night. Definitely don't want a repeat.

There are 2 rooms left of the same class on level 2 in the middle of the ship should I switch to one of those?

Thanks for the help!

We just booked our first Disney cruise on the Magic of the Sea. We wanted a room near the middle of the ship and ended up on level one. At first I didn't think much of it as we are near the elevators and an extra floor on an elevator is NBG. But then I saw the ship lay out and noticed there were only a few guest rooms on deck 1. This worried me. The only other thing noted on the layout for level 1 was the health center. Anyone know what else is down there? Crew quarters, laundry, etc? Our biggest concern is noise especially at night. On our last cruise (different company) we were next to some utility area and were disturbed at night. Definitely don't want a repeat.

There are 2 rooms left of the same class on level 2 in the middle of the ship should I switch to one of those?

Thanks for the help!

Well, the category isn't exactly the same. On deck one the category is 9D. On deck two the category is most likely 9B (if midship) or 9C if forward or aft.

Personally, I'd go with deck 2. Deck one rooms have two small portholes, and deck 2 has one large porthole in the room. And it's more convenient, since you can traverse the full length of the ship, if you want to go up the aft elevator, for instance.

Well, the category isn't exactly the same. On deck one the category is 9D. On deck two the category is most likely 9B (if midship) or 9C if forward or aft.

Personally, I'd go with deck 2. Deck one rooms have two small portholes, and deck 2 has one large porthole in the room. And it's more convenient, since you can traverse the full length of the ship, if you want to go up the aft elevator, for instance.

Thanks for the information. We are going with the deluxe interior room. I think they are both the same class. Definitely both "10", but I cant remember if they are both the same letter.

My biggest concern is disruption (noise, other activity, ect)

On our first DCL cruise, we were on deck 1 aft of Magic, stateroom #1062. As mentioned, it had two small portholes but otherwise was very satisfactory. The only noise that we encountered was when they were using the thrusters when docking/undocking. And even then the noise wasn't bad. There was one afternoon when we happened to come back to the room and could hear some hammering nearby; apparently they were doing some work in the engine room.

With the knowledge gained since that time, today I would take deck 2 midship for the reasons mentioned by Shmoo. Going from deck 1 aft to the adult pool area was quite a trek.

"Magic of the Sea"? Do you mean the Disney Magic?

As to noise on deck 1....I've only stayed there once, but no noise issues. In many ways it is more quiet because there are few guest rooms and virtually no kids running the halls. No "industrial" noise beyond the thrusters, and you'll get that anywhere (aft more so).

Favorite deck--5 aft for a lot of the same reasons as deck 1!

Thanks for the help!

As an ex CM from the Magic, everything you have been told above is true. It is very quiet. Thrusters when docking aside, but you will hear/feel them just as much on Deck 2 Midships.

Not sure which Stateroom PopFla had, but the engine room that spans higher decks is much more Aft, and there is at least 1 deck in the area of the Guest Staterooms between you and the engine room which are crew cabins, and above you are Guest Staterooms.

I would avoid 1030/1032 because of noise from other Guests if tendering.

The ships laundry is basically under the medical center, but again there is Deck A (crew accommodation) separating you and I lived on deck A above the laundry with no noise at all.

The I95 corridor that the crew use to to get from one end of the ship to the other runs parallel Staterooms 1037-1079 on the other side of the elevator lobby. And on the other side of that is Officer cabins/Garbage room etc.

The areas on the Port side Aft of the Guest Staterooms are offices, the print shop, photo developing lab, and the Engine Control Room, but you are separated and will not be a problem.

The only noise on this deck you should be aware of is the noise of water against the hull. It is fairly quiet in normal operation, but you can hear it and personally I have never slept better hearing it and being rocked to sleep in my bunk!

HTH's!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Thanks for the information. We are going with the deluxe interior room. I think they are both the same class. Definitely both "10", but I cant remember if they are both the same letter.

My biggest concern is disruption (noise, other activity, ect)

We had a cat. 10 on deck 1 and found it to be very quiet and very convenient getting on/off the ship at port stops. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.