Flight Seat Pre-booking

shallwe

I gather that the cost of pre-booking seats on the fly-cruise aircraft has gone up to about £25pp each way (therefore £100 for the two of us)?

Just out of interest, apart from those wanting extra legroom, how many fly-cruisers actually book their seats in advance of going to the airport?

We have recently paid £20.00 p/p each way to Barbados in November

To check if the seats are booking up go into your cruise personaliser and go to the flight section it shows which seats are taken. Most of the window seats have already been taken on our flight. Otherwise get to the airport at least 5 hours before departure to give yourselves a good chance of sitting with your partner/s most probably across the aisle.

Cb

We pre-booked our seats both ways on our fly/cruise to Genoa this year. We chose the emergency exit seats as I like a window seat and my husband needs extra legroom.

On the return journey they changed to a larger plane so our seat numbers were no longer the emergency exit seats. The emergency exit seats were occupied by the time we got on and the occupants refused to move as they were in the correct seat number although they hadn't paid for exit seats.

We were given seats in the middle of the plane looking at a blank wall. Although they did have extra legroom I don't think they were worth the £25 paid.

The price I saw about six months or so ago was £19pp, so I thought that the additional 25% price hike brought it to about £25.

I was wrong, the price I paid last Friday was £20pp each way. Still a lot of money just to reserve your seats, but at least we know which seats they are - unless they change the plane as per the unfortunate person above.

Lucky I'm not superstitious though. Seats 13A & 13B each way :eek:

We fly short-haul infrequently and when we do take pot luck with seats. This will be our first long-haul flight in 25 years - first ever for the kids.

Can anyone recommend the seats/rows for four of us on an Airbus 330 that would give us good/most leg room. I prefer an aisle seat, son is nearly 6ft so needs leg room. We can't afford to upgrade to Premium.

If you log into the P&O site, then your cruise personaliser. Enter your details including your booking ref. Then bring up the flight page. You will see a seat plan for your flight from which you can choose and book at £40 each your respective seats for both inward and return flights. Thos Cook has refurbed its A330 they are now configured 2-4-2 leg room/ seat pitch is 31" Thomson Dreamliner is configured 3-3-3 but has 33" seat pitch. You may be able to swop planes if Thomson is also flying from your airport. To do so ring P&O and ask for charter flights.

Cb