Clarification on UAE visas

viajante74

Hello,

I am thinking about taking an Arabian Gulf cruise next spring, beginning and ending in Dubai. As a Canadian passport holder, I know I am eligible to a visa on arrival that is valid for 30 days. I understand that people that take cruises in the region can obtain multiple-entry visas to the UAE, as the ship departs UAE then returns later. The way this works, as I understand it, is that everything is looked after at passport control at the cruiseport upon returning to the UAE, so I am not so worried about that aspect of it. My question is, is it an actual multiple-entry visa cruisers receive, or is it just another single-entry visa that is valid for the remainder of the cruise?

I am asking this because I would be planning a short side-trip to another country after the cruise. If indeed the visa we receive is multiple entry, then there seemingly wouldn't be any issues transiting through DXB to catch my return flight home. If it is only a single-entry visa received, that could be problematic.

I am just wondering if anyone that might have some experience with this issue can clarify for me. Much appreciated.