gate1 travel river cruise

markf

Doing some research fro a trip next year--evidently Gate1 leases their ships and I sense it is in same category as Viking--

any other feed back would be appreciated.

I am realizing a river cruise does not have bells and whistels of a ocean cruise line--having a balcony seems to be a luxury -

any comments

but, from MY experience(1 time ONLY) ,,,NOT GATE 1. Budget was tight ,at time,and THOUGHT it was too good to be true,and IT WAS. Out of 12 river cruises ,this was the poorest rated IMO only ,of course.

Old boat, crummy cabin,poor food,etc.,,could go on and on.

Can try cheapest fair on regular lines that own ea.ship,and you should have better luck.

Do remember ALL the add ons, like drinks,extra excursions,aiport pk,up(unless you book air with them),tips to MANY on and off board.Can add up.Some of the all inc.ones(cheapest cabin)can be just the same price at end.

A balcony is so not necessary on a river cruise. They are so port intensive that you will just have little to no time to just sit there and enjoy it. There are lots of other wonderful places to sit and enjoy the scenery (included in cruise fare) when you do have the time to do so.