Scenic River Cruises

duct tape

Our first cruise with Scenic, the one that got us hooked, was Budapest to Nuromburg. Superb cruise you will enjoy. Can't say anything about pre and post stays although my daughter and husband this year traveled from Budapest to Prague by train. Scenic will ask you to pre-book at least your first excursion free choice maybe one or two others it varies with the cruise. We have always booked direct so if your using a TA it may be worth asking them about your 'Tour Personaliser'.

Have a great cruise. CA

we do have an odd-numbered cabin (219) :)

Ha! We were in 219 on the Sapphire last year (Ams-Buda). I could not believe the fabulous view of the Parliament Building - it was right there! 219 definitely on the right side for Buda berthing.

Enjoy!

We did Scenic last summer Nuremberg to Budapest. Traveled with our friends who added the Scenic three day Prague extension on at the beginning of the trip. When they told us they were adding the extension on, we considered it as well, until we saw the price. We ended up doing our own three day add-on for considerably less.

Booked airfare ourselves. Our friends on the Scenic extension stayed at the Prague Marriott. We booked ourselves into a Prague Barcelo for about 1/3 of the cost of the Marriott. Both hotels had included breakfasts. The Scenic extension included all of one Prague walking tour the whole time plus a transfer to the ship. No other meals or activites were included with the Prague extension. We joined them for daytime walks, had dinner together and booked our evening activities and concerts together because the Scenic extension really didn't include a lot.

Yes, we had to arrange our own transfer to the ship, but that slight hassle was worth it to us. We had the same experience as our friends but just slept in a different hotel.

Since you are leaving from Budapest, I'm not sure why your pre-excursion stay would be in Prague. Seems like a long way from Budapest. We had a three hour car ride from Prague to Nuremberg, so I don't know how Scenic plans to get pax to Budapest. Transfer aside, the pre- and post-extensions are easy to do on your own. Plus the extra time at the beginning helped us get over our jet lag!

Probably way ahead of the game but today I booked 2 nights in Prague at the Marriott - I need one more night - just isn't available yet. Great rates!!!!! Then looked at ways to get to Budapest. The train takes hours so we are flying Lufthansa. We leave at 9:30 and get there around 12:30. Probably a little more money but not worth spending 7 hrs on a train. Im sure we can get a transfer from scenic to the cruise ship. Now I have to start with air flights from FL to Prague. I am looking at Am Ex Platinum - 2for 1 - any other ideas out there for business class seats?

Judy

Happy to find this thread as we are trying to decide between Uniworld and Scenic for the Prague to Budapest trip Sept. 2016. Have never done a River cruise before and was wondering about the tours. Noted that Uniworld does UNESCO sites while that is not mentioned on the Scenic site. Seems like Scenic tours are more self guided? Is that the norm for these trips? Any clarification of what to expect would be appreciated...thank you!

Seems like Scenic tours are more self guided? Is that the norm for these trips? Any clarification of what to expect would be appreciated...thank you!

See my reply on your thread. :)

Our first cruise with Scenic, the one that got us hooked, was Budapest to Nuromburg.

THat's the one we are going on at the same time as you will be in France.

Our documentation and backpacks arrived yesterday, time to start getting excited now :)

I was wondering if anyone has experienced either the Jasper or Opal (Beppy or LHT28), or seen information on how much closet storage is available? I know we can stash stuff under the beds, but if I snore, that is where I have to sleep;). Couldn't find anything on the Scenic sites, even the Australian one. We are in deluxe balcony cabin and not the Penthouse el Grande like our Texan travelers. Maybe I can find who has this super large cabin on our cruise and ask to store some stuff there?