Weather Danube River Cruise

pbr

I thought I posted this last evening but I don't see it anywhere. My apologies if this is a duplicate post. We are considering a Danube River Cruise in 2016. What are the best months weather-wise to do this? I noticed the August prices are less than the September and that surprised me.

Thank you,

Patti

Take a look at the weather high/low charts for where you are going. That will give you an idea of what to expect. There may be crowds depending on where you go in August, if say it is the beach or the place may be deserted, if it is a city where locals are escaping from. It depends. You'll still have a great trip whenever you decide to go. Careful planning and preparation makes it so!

Thank you for your replies. I did just check out the weather averages of the area. Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like a bigger concern is the water level of the river and that appears to be unpredictable.

Patti

We enjoy river cruising in early October. Have had good luck with the weather and enjoy the crisp air and fall foliage colors. Spring seems to have more water issues on the river imo from reading the postings.

We are trying a December Christmas Markets cruise cruise this year for a change, looking forward to it.:)