Will We have time to get to LA Airport?

Magor2015

Hi

We are booked on the 15th December cruise from FL to LA. Arriving in LA on 4th January. I need to book our flight back to FL. There is a 2pm flight from LAX but I am concerned if we would have the time to disembark, pick up our bags and then get to the airport.

Can you please advise? What time do you usually disembark? Is this reliable? Does anyone know how long it would take to get from the cruise terminal to the airport?

Thanks

:confused:

Hi

We are booked on the 15th December cruise from FL to LA. Arriving in LA on 4th January. I need to book our flight back to FL. There is a 2pm flight from LAX but I am concerned if we would have the time to disembark, pick up our bags and then get to the airport.

Can you please advise? What time do you usually disembark? Is this reliable? Does anyone know how long it would take to get from the cruise terminal to the airport?

Thanks

:confused:

We did this same itinerary. Left the ship at 9. Customs was a breeze. We took the Seabourn bus to the airport, which left (if I remember well) at 9:45. We were at LAX in less than 45 minutes. You will have plenty of time!

2 pm will be fine. You'll even have time for lunch at the airport.

I made a 10:45 am last year on a delayed customs clearance - that was close but luckily my sister lives there and had parked at the port. Having no checked bag and status helped too as I was hustling.

Hello Magir2015

The distance between the port of LA and LAX is only about 20 miles. But in Southern California (as in many big cities) we measure by the time it takes from point A to point B. Since you will be traveling at off-peak, it should take 30-40 minutes. You should be fine.

Now, if you have a window seat in the left side of the plane, you should be able to see the ship from the air a couple of minutes after take off. Unless the plane turns north-west which they rarely do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, 2:00 PM is fine.

I do want to post again that I would not ever book a flight before Noon.

Is it possible to make a flight earlier than that? Yes.

Is it possible to book a flight earlier than Noon and miss it? Yes.

Why because things can go wrong.

What?

Arriving to the port late.

A work slowdown by the local long shore-men.

Lack of USA Customs officials.

I have seen both the very best in disembarkation times at USA ports and also the worst.

And I never can see the benefit of pushing the envelope and then spending half the cruise worrying about it.

2:00 PM. No worries.

Keith