Using television as computer monitor

Mountainduo

When we travel, I use the computer extensively. Not simply internet, for work, photography, mapping and GPS, etc. My travel laptop is powerful and fast, but of course the screen is small, especially for aging eyes. In hotel rooms and cruise suites, I like to use the TV as the primary monitor. I connect with either HDMI or VGA.

Often (Crystal and Regent, for example) the simplest connection is to patch into the cable from the DVD player. Other times, the TV's auxiliary HDMI or VGA ports do the job.

I know Seabourn does not provide DVD players in the suite; has anyone experience connecting computer to the TV directly? Does suite choice (Penthouse Suite vs Veranda Suite) make any difference?

Thanks!

When we travel, I use the computer extensively. Not simply internet, for work, photography, mapping and GPS, etc. My travel laptop is powerful and fast, but of course the screen is small, especially for aging eyes. In hotel rooms and cruise suites, I like to use the TV as the primary monitor. I connect with either HDMI or VGA.

Often (Crystal and Regent, for example) the simplest connection is to patch into the cable from the DVD player. Other times, the TV's auxiliary HDMI or VGA ports do the job.

I know Seabourn does not provide DVD players in the suite; has anyone experience connecting computer to the TV directly? Does suite choice (Penthouse Suite vs Veranda Suite) make any difference?

Thanks!

HDMI is a fail on the Seabourn ship TVs, my recollection, and I travel with a lot of cables usually, is that even RGB doesn't exist in an accessible place. I thought about taking a few allen keys on one trip to gain access and then thought better of it. So I've never managed, and I've tried quite hard, and that was in a regular cabin and a penthouse suite.

I hope Seabourn rectifies this on new builds. One of the few things I like about Silversea's Silver Spirit is the small panel with HDMI and other inputs right by the TV, which worked perfectly and allowed us to watch movies off the laptop on a decent sized screen with better sound.