Does the Ipod dock work???

GeneBK

As I recall, there is a Ipod dock mounted beside the TV.

I know the TV/sound system has been changed from time to time.....does the Ipod dock still function, and how does one adjust the TV to use it?

Thanks

As I recall, there is a Ipod dock mounted beside the TV.

I know the TV/sound system has been changed from time to time.....does the Ipod dock still function, and how does one adjust the TV to use it?

Thanks

In my experience, it works intermittently and temperamentally.

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I better not count on it, but I may give it a try.

I'm admittedly new to this; haven't used a dock before. Is it just an audio feed, or is there video as well? Is it just one of the channels on the TV selection, or does one change TV input select?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is certainly not encouraging. We were hoping that with the advertised docking station we could leave our Sony Bluetooth speaker at home this trip (one less thing to bring on this already hard-to-pack-for itinerary to Antarctica) but it sounds like we might need to pack it after all. Or if our in-cabin docking station didn't happen to work, could we ask the stewardess to have someone change it out for one that does?

If you care about music and the sound of your music then you should bring your own speaker(s)

The current 'sound system' is very poor. Very poor - about on par with a 1960s transistor radio. Your music is actually delivered through the tv speakers.

On the small ships, the Bose CD player, while not everyone's cup of tea, was capable of producing a relatively decent sound. The current set-up is extremely disappointing. Cheap and nasty in fact.

If I tell DH he'll be listening to the equivalent of a transistor radio after what we paid for this cruise, well ............. LOL

And that means the music available through the TV is going to sound just as bad since that would come through the TV speakers as well.

Bluetooth speaker - added back to the packing list! :rolleyes: