Seabourn Sojourn new chefs-Guillermo Muro and Paul Miller-how are they?

Johnny34

Heard Seabourn Sojourn has some new chefs.

The names are Guillermo Muro and Paul Miller.

Have you been on a Sojourn cruise recently or on one now with these new chefs?

How did you like them and what are your thoughts on these new Seabourn Chefs?

Heard Seabourn Sojourn has some new chefs.

The names are Guillermo Muro and Paul Miller.

Have you been on a Sojourn cruise recently or on one now with these new chefs?

How did you like them and what are your thoughts on these new Seabourn Chefs?

Saw Guillermo Muro cooking in the Colonnade at lunch a number of times. He seemed like a very pleasant fellow. Did not notice Paul Miller.

Lunches in the Colonnade were excellent as always and dinner there was good as well. Very happy with MDR dinners other than being disappointed in many of the TK offerings and a little irked over substantial reduction in choices at dinner compared with previous summer's offerings. Optics of menu much less appealing as well. Lunch and breakfast in MDR excruciatingly slow - nothing new about that. Really enjoyed dinner in R2 - food and service were impeccable - and we are sorry to see it go.

Breakfast service in the Colonnade was pretty disorganized. A number of mornings no one took our order. Or, if we ordered something off the menu, sometimes it never came. Good luck getting a beverage the first time it was requested. The servers were pleasant and friendly, and seemed like they wanted the guests to be happy, but could not seem to get the job done, even when it wasn't particularly crowded.

This may be more than you wanted to know...

I believe he was the Chef we had on our Soujourn cruise in April. Was not a fan at all! In fact if you look at my review of the cruise you will see my comments on the Chef.

Clarky,

Please supply your review's link.

I just checked Sojourn reviews by members in April and yours is not among

the 3 offered by redeye, monty and plane.

Thanks.

Happy amd healthy sailing!

Markham, I remember reading Clarky's 'on the forum' review which is here :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2354132

I can't find one in the Reviews section either so I think the thread in the link above is what Clarky is referring to.

Ravenscroft,

Thank you for the link!

I read the review (actually reread from its original date) and appreciate all the impressions Clarky offered. Yes, it is a worry when a chef is not making the rounds in the MDR. Makes one wonder why he is not doing so- as we have come to expect on Seabourn ships.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Ravenscroft,

Thank you for the link!

I read the review (actually reread from its original date) and appreciate all the impressions Clarky offered. Yes, it is a worry when a chef is not making the rounds in the MDR. Makes one wonder why he is not doing so- as we have come to expect on Seabourn ships.

I agree!

It's only happened to us on one SB cruise. Food was extremely inconsistent. The chef left the ship earlier than expected.

Ravenscroft,

Thank you for the link!

I don't recall Rajat hitting too many tables on my last cruise.

Does anyone else find this thread a little odd?

First time poster enquiring about two specific chefs, not returned to the thread. :confused:

-enable: tinfoil hat

Perhaps it's corporate looking for some more honest feedback that they feel passengers on-board aren't providing.

Or one of the chefs themselves.

/tinfoil hat

But name dropping and then vanishing seems more than a bit odd.

Isn't that funny. I say Rajat almost every day, either in the MDR, a function

on deck or on shore somewhere. We met up on a couple of occasions in Seabourn Square and he organized for the 46 of us - the capacity of R2 at a stretch - a terrific Chinese New Year dinner which was hosted by the fire monkey, appropriately enough.

It was always a treat to exchange words with him and thank him for his fine cuisine.

I thought we were talking about the MDR. While I saw more of Rajat than some other Seabourn chefs, he wasn't doing rounds every night and at least when I saw him outside of the MDR he seemed to be zipping from A to B rather than stopping to talk to passengers. A far cry from say Chef Jes who did the rounds every night in the MDR and you were likely to run into at least once a day outside the MDR.

And I thought we were talking about how self-confident head chefs on Seabourn mix with passengers to discuss their satisfaction levels regarding the cuisine delivered.

Rajat does that and more. That's why he has the title and reputation he had earned over so many years with Seabourn.

-enable: tinfoil hat

Perhaps it's corporate looking for some more honest feedback that they feel passengers on-board aren't providing.

Or one of the chefs themselves.

/tinfoil hat

But name dropping and then vanishing seems more than a bit odd.

I'll also don a tin hat because I'd been wondering the same.