Cabins on Riviera Oceania

Robjame

We chose a cabin (11042) on deck 11, in the centre of the ship (bow to stern). Since then we have read reports about not choosing a cabin under the pool area.

Have you had experience with rooms in this area?

I am not sure why Oceania would put PH suites on this deck if it is noisy.

Do you choose deck levels, location on decks or other factors when choosing a cabin?

Cabins under pool area, restaurant area etc can be noisy at night and early in the mornings when they re-arrange the chairs etc.

We have been in cabins under public areas on other ships but, we are solid sleepers and it did not bother us. If you are a light sleeper, it may be an issue.

Cabins under pool area, restaurant area etc can be noisy at night and early in the mornings when they re-arrange the chairs etc.

We have been in cabins under public areas on other ships but, we are solid sleepers and it did not bother us. If you are a light sleeper, it may be an issue.

+1

With the proviso that the Pool Deck is desolate on Oceania cruises after dark.

oceania_riviera-640x426.jpg

Avoid Deck 11 (the pool deck is deck 12) if it will annoy you that the staff "freshens the pool area" every morning-

Or, if the overhang of Deck 12 will be a concern while using your Deck 11 Veranda.

129.JPG

Thank you Pete and Jim & Stan for your replies.

"...if it will annoy you that the staff "freshens the pool area" every morning-

Or, if the overhang of Deck 12 will be a concern while using your Deck 11 Veranda."

After 24 days we will have formed our own opinions! :) I am a really early riser so hopefully the morning issues will be unimportant.

Does the overhang mean there is more of a roof over this area? If that means less direct sun that may not be all bad.

Thanks again!

Robjame, we had the exact location cabin as yours on a September 2014 cruise on Marina. I was also concerned about the pool being "on my head" but it was never a problem. As far as the overhang, we liked it. Provided a great shady spot while still enjoying the fresh air and the view.

Happy sailing!

Robjame, we had the exact location cabin as yours on a September 2014 cruise on Marina. I was also concerned about the pool being "on my head" but it was never a problem. As far as the overhang, we liked it. Provided a great shady spot while still enjoying the fresh air and the view.

Happy sailing!

Thank you very much for your response! Nice to know your actual experience with the same location. It relieves my concern.

Thank you Pete and Jim & Stan for your replies.

"...if it will annoy you that the staff "freshens the pool area" every morning-

Or, if the overhang of Deck 12 will be a concern while using your Deck 11 Veranda."

After 24 days we will have formed our own opinions! :) I am a really early riser so hopefully the morning issues will be unimportant.

Does the overhang mean there is more of a roof over this area? If that means less direct sun that may not be all bad.

Thanks again!

Happy sailing!

We had a PH on Deck 11, but a bit further forward. No pool area noise - or any other noise - bothered us. It was very quiet.

And yes, that overhang from Deck 12 was perfect to avoid too much direct sun, which we need to avoid as much as possible for medical reasons.

"Provid[ing] a great shady spot while still enjoying the fresh air and the view" is precisely right.

We'll definitely try to choose that section again.

"Provid[ing] a great shady spot while still enjoying the fresh air and the view" is precisely right.

We'll definitely try to choose that section again.

Not just relieved but now looking forward to that location on Deck 11. Thank you!

:)

We did have a PH stateroom under the pool area. It was fine during the day; however, the staff rearranged the deck chairs (which are out on that overhang) very early in the morning (I'm talking 6ish) by dragging them. It really was loud and very annoying. We nicely complained many times, but............ So I, personally, will make sure not to book a stateroom in that area again.

We did have a PH stateroom under the pool area. It was fine during the day; however, the staff rearranged the deck chairs (which are out on that overhang) very early in the morning (I'm talking 6ish) by dragging them. It really was loud and very annoying. We nicely complained many times, but............ So I, personally, will make sure not to book a stateroom in that area again.

We had a similar issue, and we learned that speaking to the men who physically move the chairs only had effect until they went off duty that day...

Riviera-7763.JPG

Talking to their Supervisor (we asked the guys to have him stop at our pooldeck Lounge Chair the next morning) sealed the deal.

Never another peep! :D