Hotel Savoy. Rome

dbeckett

We are staying at the Savoy prior to boarding the Majestic next month and wonder if anyone who has already stayed there (through Princess) can give information about the transfer pick up time for Civitavecchi and how long it takes to get there (I know it will be traffic dependant but as we are going to be going on a Sunday hopefully it won't be too busy).

Does Princess pick up at other hotels en route?

If there are any restaurants in the area that can be recommended we'd like to hear about them too.

Thanks in advance

Never stayed there, but walk past it all the time when I stay at the Westin - I walk down the Via Ludovisi to get to the Spanish Steps/Via Condotti area and on down to the main Centro Storico. It always has a bunch of big busses outside, so I guess it is a big bulk-contract hotel.

As far as restaurants nearby, nothing really. I'd suggest you walk down to the Spanish Steps/Via Condotti area to find something. The Westin is up on the Via Veneto, and I've never found anything worth stopping at up there for anything but a quick espresso and cornetto.

The one place I hit up for a meal down in the Via Condotti area is Ginger, on Via Borgognona. Totally different. Fresh salads, fruit, juices, smoothies, healthy entrees. After awhile, I do wish for something other than Roman - this one does it for me. Hopefully, someone will pop up with a restaurant for you. I've got tons, but none are near the Savoy.