Switching Cabin Numbers with kids and adult pairing

teeredi2cruise

We have two cabins with one adult and one child in each cabin for booking purposes. Is there anyway to get an extra key for entry so that my husband and I can have access to the cabin intended for us and the kids to have access?

Disclaimer: they are connecting cabins.

We have two cabins with one adult and one child in each cabin for booking purposes. Is there anyway to get an extra key for entry so that my husband and I can have access to the cabin intended for us and the kids to have access?

Disclaimer: they are connecting cabins.

Yes, not a problem ... even if they weren't connecting cabins.

Just go to guest services as soon as you board and ask for additional key cards for both Rooms. Very easy. Both of you need to be there! I.e., you cannot go ask for keys to your husbands room. They will not give them to you unless he is present. The keys will be Room entry keys only, you cannot charge on them. So you wil need to carry both keys with you -- one to get into the room and one that has your charging privileges.

Terry

We did this for our whole family of six in 2 mini-suites. Took care of it right away on our first evening of exploring the ship.

Guest Services was very good about issuing the cards, and punched holes in the kids' so they could easily "wear" them on lanyards.

You can also get both rooms to charge to one account. We found this useful to only have one account to monitor and to pool our on board credit (OBC).

Sometimes the steward will close the door connecting the cabins, so it is a good idea to have keys to both rooms.

Thank you everyone... I will follow all of the excellent advice you all have provided. It is good to know that everyone can access there own rooms. I had not thought about the fact that the room attendant might close off the connecting cabin door at all.

Despite that we asked him not to, on our last cruise on the Gem, they closed and locked the adjoining room door every single time they made up the cabins. I cannot tell you how irritated we were -- we would see him and say "please dont close the adjoining doors" and we would come back an hour later and they were closed and locked. In retrospect, I dont think he understood English very well and just nodded and smiled at everything we said.

terry

Despite that we asked him not to, on our last cruise on the Gem, they closed and locked the adjoining room door every single time they made up the cabins. I cannot tell you how irritated we were -- we would see him and say "please dont close the adjoining doors" and we would come back an hour later and they were closed and locked. In retrospect, I dont think he understood English very well and just nodded and smiled at everything we said.

terry

Wow, closed AND locked. I can see how that would be annoying.:)