Studios "sleeps up to two"

shapatack0

Where are you seeing that at? Originally on the Epic (2010) it was advertised that way but it changed shortly thereafter. I would never recommend a Studio for two people.

I just looked at the description on the accommodations section.:

Relax. Embrace your own personal space. Then get back to the action. Our wide range of comfortable and well designed Oceanview and Inside Staterooms will suit you perfectly. And if you’re traveling solo, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Escape and Pride of America feature our award-winning Studios designed and priced for solo travelers, which also include exclusive access to the Studio Lounge.

Studios can sleep two because it has a standard double size bed in the room. DH and I had adjoining studio cabins a couple of years ago because of the great rate I scored.

We only slept in one bed but had double of everything else, our own showers, toilets, sinks, storage, etc.

It would be tight for storage if two were in the room, but it would work.

Does anyone know why the studios are listed as sleeping up to two people? Do they allow two people in a studio room? I'm mostly curious because of the upcoming studio balconies that are going to exist on the new ships.

You mentioned studio balconies,which are on Royal Caribbean's Anthem and Quantum OTS. They do allow up to two guests in the cabins. Are you mixing up the cruise lines?

Studios can sleep two because it has a standard double size bed in the room. DH and I had adjoining studio cabins a couple of years ago because of the great rate I scored.

We only slept in one bed but had double of everything else, our own showers, toilets, sinks, storage, etc.

That's only if you do the adjoining / connecting studio rooms - otherwise it just smarter and better to get a bigger room like an inside to move about. Remember the overall space for a studio is smaller than the inside room by like 38 or 42 sq ft (studio is only 100 sq ft). For one person, that's fine - for 2 people in the room without a 2nd adjoining / connecting room, that's cramped....

Edited by maywell

Theoretically, you could sleep two people in a studio cabin. You'd have to be exceptionally cozy to do it, though. I wonder how the studio cabin would price out for two occupants?

The website won't even show pricing for the studio cabins if you put in more than one passenger.

It's ironic because initially the studios were designed for "hip couples" when that flopped they reinvented them as solo cabins.

Good idea.......

Two bathrooms. :)

That's only if you do the adjoining / connecting studio rooms - otherwise it just smarter and better to get a bigger room like an inside to move about. Remember the overall space for a studio is smaller than the inside room by like 38 or 42 sq ft (studio is only 100 sq ft). For one person, that's fine - for 2 people in the room without a 2nd adjoining / connecting room, that's cramped....
On the Epic, my standard inside was 125 sq ft, which really isn't that much larger than 100 sq ft. I went in a studio and was surprised to see that it was functionally very similar to my inside stateroom.

The website won't even show pricing for the studio cabins if you put in more than one passenger.

It's ironic because initially the studios were designed for "hip couples" when that flopped they reinvented them as solo cabins.

Thanks for taking the trouble to check. I remember now NCL initially tried to sell studios to couples.

Theoretically, you could sleep two people in a studio cabin. You'd have to be exceptionally cozy to do it, though. I wonder how the studio cabin would price out for two occupants?

Not really, DH weighs 170 lbs and is 5' 4" and I weigh 125 lbs and am 5' 2".

We have slept most of our married life in a double bed. Although, I guess we are really not your "average" size couple.

The price was less than $450.00 (US) pp (including port charges and taxes) for the week, with each of us having adjoining studio cabins.

I thank a fellow CC'er for the heads up on that special.

Edited by Ontario cruise duo