Illusionarium

Calker

Hehe, certain people seem to do the cruise just for the food....seriously, should be like this???

We booked the Illusionarium as Haven guests, and we got the prime table, right in front of the stage in the middle.

No complaints for the food, it was fine.

I do not understand all the hassle about "universal" bad opinions of the food in the Illusionarium. Like it matters.

No, it does not. This is a great show, and you are even being fed while watching. What else you want?

Ehhhh.

• 5 months later...

Really want to watch the show.

But just wonder if it is still worth it if we get to sit far from the stage?

I don't mind lining up 20 minutes to get a "better" table but am afraid that all the good ones will anyways taken by the Haven guests.

(We won't be buying the UDP, meaning that we have to pay a full price of $39 per person!)

We are thinking to attend only ONE specialty restaurant. Your suggestion is much appreciated. Thanks.

I've not been a haven guest, and in Feb during Prez week, I sat right next to stage, as did 3 new friends I met that night. The key is getting there early....I'd say a half hour. It prob won't hurt to ask for the front. Last year, I sat two tables from stage, and it was a good seat, too.

The Illusionarium on Norwegian Getaway will be closed during the May 9 and May 16 sailings, as we are making exciting updates to the show to further enhance the guest experience. We apologize for any disappointment the show’s temporary closing may cause our guests.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46294431

Does anyone know if there has been a change to the dates?

I should have posted this within a few days of our return from our cruise - but life interfered.

The show is amazing - I would definitely see it again.

The steak was as bad as had been reported - I ordered medium rare - the center was not even pink - the steak was very tough, fatty, and full of grizzle. The shrimp were rubbery. My husband ordered his steak medium well - it was completely dried out and was barely warm.

My husband and I did actually try to eat the meal but it was not worth the effort to try to find bites of meat that were edible.

I hope that the changes being made mean that the menu, food, and preparation, will be completely updated.

I should have posted this within a few days of our return from our cruise - but life interfered.

The show is amazing - I would definitely see it again.

The steak was as bad as had been reported - I ordered medium rare - the center was not even pink - the steak was very tough, fatty, and full of grizzle. The shrimp were rubbery. My husband ordered his steak medium well - it was completely dried out and was barely warm.

My husband and I did actually try to eat the meal but it was not worth the effort to try to find bites of meat that were edible.

I hope that the changes being made mean that the menu, food, and preparation, will be completely updated.

I just got off of the Getaway last week and also agree that the show was amazing and well worth it. I did it the first night so there was a 25 percent discount. The food was god-awful, but we went into it knowing that and just treated it like a show, did the earliest show at 5:30, and then went to "real" dinner afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if kids 12 and under also get steak/shrimp or is the standard kid's menu available? I have two kids that will eat steak/shrimp but #3 will not touch either. Thanks!

For the Cirque show on Breakaway, they could have either. I am assuming that the same holds true for Getaway. The first time we went, dd got the regular meal and barely touched it. On our second trip a few months later, she got chicken fingers and fries and was quite pleased.

Edited by garnet115

For the Cirque show on Breakaway, they could have either. I am assuming that the same holds true for Getaway. The first time we went, dd got the regular meal and barely touched it. On our second trip a few months later, she got chicken fingers and fries and was quite pleased.

Thanks garnet115!