Balcony sizes; aft information please?

nini

Contemplating booking and we usually go for the aft balconies (mainly on Princess). However, after looking at the available deck plans, the afts look smaller than the regular balconies (which I have seen are not very big after watching live videos of the rooms).

I would appreciate comments from anyone, especially from those of you who have been in an aft.

TIA!!!

Contemplating booking and we usually go for the aft balconies (mainly on Princess). However, after looking at the available deck plans, the afts look smaller than the regular balconies (which I have seen are not very big after watching live videos of the rooms).

I would appreciate commenthat this ship does not hold thousands of people so tht stans to resons from anyone, especially from those of you who have been in an aft.

TIA!!!

Looking at the deck plans you will see that there are not lots of cabins at the aft of the ship and do remember that this ship does not hold thousands of people and there are not as many cabins on the aft that you might be use to seeing. It shows Explorers Suites on each side, which are larger and when there are other cabins on the aft, they are DV. so they would be smaller. Six cabins are the most across the aft of the ship on most decks.

Looking at the deck plans you will see that there are not lots of cabins at the aft of the ship and do remember that this ship does not hold thousands of people and there are not as many cabins on the aft that you might be use to seeing. It shows Explorers Suites on each side, which are larger and when there are other cabins on the aft, they are DV. so they would be smaller. Six cabins are the most across the aft of the ship on most decks.

All in all, on four decks there are 6 total DV cabins and 8 Explorer Suites for grand total of 14 cabins with aft balconies. The DV cabins are sandwiched in between the two Explorer Suites.

We booked a DV1 aft cabin 5110 on the West Indies Explorer because we love watching the wake. We always try for an aft when we book on Celebrity. I would not do it again on Viking unless the itinerary had seadays. Our itinarary was all port days so we didn't have the chance to sit on the balcony and watch the wake except at six am for sail-in, sail-away in the afternoon or at 10 pm after we returned to the cabin. The cabin itself was fine.

I think, but don't actually know, that the balcony was the same size as others. It was very quiet. We were directly under the infinity pool and heard nothing from above.

I don't think the amenities on verandas and deluxe verandas are meaningful so I would book the least expensive veranda in the location I liked best.

If the itineraries you are considering have seadays, I would book an aft cabin. If not, I would not. They are far from the elevators and stairs.

For our next Viking cruise, we've booked a cabin on the Port side that is close to the laundry.

We booked a DV1 aft cabin 5110 on the West Indies Explorer because we love watching the wake. We always try for an aft when we book on Celebrity. I would not do it again on Viking unless the itinerary had seadays. Our itinarary was all port days so we didn't have the chance to sit on the balcony and watch the wake except at six am for sail-in, sail-away in the afternoon or at 10 pm after we returned to the cabin. The cabin itself was fine.

I think, but don't actually know, that the balcony was the same size as others. It was very quiet. We were directly under the infinity pool and heard nothing from above.

I don't think the amenities on verandas and deluxe verandas are meaningful so I would book the least expensive veranda in the location I liked best.

If the itineraries you are considering have seadays, I would book an aft cabin. If not, I would not. They are far from the elevators and stairs.

For our next Viking cruise, we've booked a cabin on the Port side that is close to the laundry.

We so enjoyed our aft cabin on an Alaskan cruise that we paid a bit extra for one on the Homelands Viking cruise we are taking in August. We think it will be especially enjoyable sailing through the Stockholm archipelago as well as the Norwegian fiords.