Help and info needed :)

Hi fellow cruisers I am in desperate need of help I have organised a surprise cruise for my hubby on the p and o eden travelling Fremantle to Broome Australia and back but have had a few ppl saying they have not been able to dock at a few ports due to rough seas now my question is how rough is it on the ship I am in FULL panickmode that everyone is going to get so sea sick and while trip is going to be a disaster :( and also what happens with the kids soft drinks package is it only soft drinks included no water or juices???? And is tea and coffee available for the adults all day or do you have to pay and any info I can get will be awesome as I am really starting to stress it's going to be a disaster we are travelling with 2 kids that are 8 and 14 too thanks in advance

Relax!

First, some people may get sea sick but it will only be a very few--NEVER the majority of passengers or crew. I take Bonine with me in case I feel a bit seasick but in over 100 cruises, it is VERY seldom that I take even one! When you do get seasick it does not mean you're going to 'barf' at all. Your stomach just doesn't feel right and a lot of people don't even know they are feeling seasick! Ships do miss a port because of high winds and it doesn't have to be rough to miss a port. but that is rare. If there is a place this happens a lot, the ships won't go there!

You can always get coffee, hot & iced tea, juice (orange in AM then lemonade other times 24/7 in the buffet all free. There is also water & ice all the time here.

How much soda do your kids drink a day? They each MUST have a card and they are the only ones who can use their card. You can't get one card for both! Find out how many soda you can get with one card then decide if it is worth it or is it less expensive to buy each soda as they don't want 6 or 8 sodas a day. Or, let them get lemonade in the buffet when they want something to drink. Your kids are going to have so much fun with the kid's program on the ship, you won't even see much of them!

So, relax and watch out, you're going to want to keep cruising again & again!

The soda package doesn't include juice or water, but does come with lots of ice in the cup. Each drink is only about a third of a can.

There is a water package of $15 for six 1.5l bottles if you can't drink the ship water.

The hot drinks station has tea / coffee / hot chock in the pantry which is open till late evening. The cafe sells barista coffee for $3.50.

They offer juice at breakfast but that is the only time it is free.

Don't stress, if the weather is rough they will do their best and maybe sub in other ports. For us the cruise is the fun thing, not where we stop.

Taking sea legs is a good idea, but you may not need them. We always pack them just in case.

The cruise will be as good as you let it be. Once you are on the ship hopefully all the stress will disappear [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums