Grand Caribbean Holiday Cruise

mgirvin

Thinking of cruising over the holidays on the Grand Caribbean Holiday 12/23-1/7. Has anyone cruised on Windstar over the holidays? Wondering how full the Windsurf will be. Our last cruise on the Windsurf was only about half full (I guess I got spoiled with less passengers) the first week and more on the second week and I could tell the difference.

Edited by mgirvin

We cruised on the Wind Star over the holidays in 2014 through the Panama Canal. I believe it was pretty close to full. We had a wonderful time. We boarded on 12/27 after spending Christmas in Panama City (Christmas Eve was a blast!). We cruise through New Years Eve which was cool too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - We are booked on the Christmas cruise 12/23 - 1/7. There is no one on the roll call so I don't know if that is an indicator of how full the ship is or isn't. We sailed on Windstar at Christmas in Costa Rica and the ship was not full.

I wonder the same thing. I asked when we booked a couple of weeks ago and they told me the ship was almost full. They had only one cabin left in B and BX category and a few in each of the other categories.

I talked to my travel agent. She said Wind Surf is sold out for the Christmas sailing. I have never been on a sold out sailing. I hope it doesn't feel too crowded. Does anyone know which ports are tender and which are docked. I am trying to look up beaches near where we dock but I am not sure where that is one each island.

I've been on the sold out Wind Surf twice. We never felt too crowded, although both times the cruise was very port intensive. We were also on the Wind Star once full on New Year's Eve in the Panama Canal. We had the on deck barbecue in the lake while waiting for the tide to go out to slip under the bridge. Magical!