Can I bring my own Diet Pepsi?

Mommypig

Since Disney espouses Coke products, and I can't use aspartame which is in Diet Coke, may I bring my own Diet Pepsi without too much aggravation? I usually cruise Princess which has no problem since its due to a dietary restriction. Just got back from a world cruise where I took 8 24packs. I have a cruise scheduled with some grand boys in January, and grandma will be as cranky as a toddler whose blankie is in the wash if I don't have my Peppi.

Absolutely NOT!

Mickey himself does a demonstration of pouring all non Coke products overboard during sail away!!!! ;)

Only joking! :D

Yes you can bring any brand of soft drinks or water and as much as you can carry or haul by yourself aboard!

That is the only stipulation. You much carry it aboard and NOT pack it in your checked luggage to be delivered to your Stateroom.

You can take it anywhere on the ship, pool deck, lounges or MDR's. No problems.

But with some grand boys in tow, I'm sure they will be happy to each carry some to help Grammy on a Disney cruise!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

I forgot to say you can top up on as much BYO non alcoholic drinks as you wish at each port on the cruise.

And DCL have a very generous two 750ml wine or champagne, or six 12oz beer allowance per Guest 21 or over at embark and again at each port.

No hard liquor however, and corkage is charged if alcoholic bottles are consumed outside of your Stateroom.

But you can top up in port with Diet Pepsi and whatever the kids may like if you need to!

ex techie

Thanks for the info. Princess let me slap a luggage tag on each case and they delivered it to my stateroom since it was a dietary restriction. But the Disney cruise is only a week so we should be fine carrying it on.

On buying more in ports, it is currently only the US produced Diet Pepsi which is aspartame free. Pepsi Light can contain any number of artificial sweeteners because it doesn't list them specifically. It has the warning that it contains phenylalanine which means aspartame, and it could even have cyclamates, a sweetener that was banned in the US back in the 60s

Cruising as a diabetic can sometimes get dicey. Adding the aspartame restriction makes it dicier..

Thanks for the info. Princess let me slap a luggage tag on each case and they delivered it to my stateroom since it was a dietary restriction. But the Disney cruise is only a week so we should be fine carrying it on.

On buying more in ports, it is currently only the US produced Diet Pepsi which is aspartame free. Pepsi Light can contain any number of artificial sweeteners because it doesn't list them specifically. It has the warning that it contains phenylalanine which means aspartame, and it could even have cyclamates, a sweetener that was banned in the US back in the 60s

Cruising as a diabetic can sometimes get dicey. Adding the aspartame restriction makes it dicier..

I see your problem. You'd have to check labels, but a top up in Key West or St. Thomas (USVI) might work for you if you're stopping at either of those ports. Or just bring the amount you think you'll drink. There is no limit on sodas, bottled water, etc. NO, they will not slap on a label and deliver beverages. If you look at a photo of how luggage is handled, you'd know why.

If you delay boarding until 1:30, you can board and take the beverages directly to your cabin.

Edited by moki'smommy

Doing some google searches and it appears that diet coke doesn't use aspartame any longer. However, some other google results seem to indicate that diet pepsi does. Hmmm.

Doing some google searches and it appears that diet coke doesn't use aspartame any longer. However, some other google results seem to indicate that diet pepsi does. Hmmm.

Don't rely on google searches. Read the containers.ImageUploadedByForums1464460307.614644.jpg.5e2b50accab3890fbaff2f0b5063c3ff.jpg

Don't rely on google searches. Read the containers.[ATTACH]386562[/ATTACH]

I would rely on the actual Coke & Pepsi websites. Diet coke has aspartame. Diet Pepsi has Sucralose.