Long term parking at Port Canaveral

rdilipk

It looks like a Disney cruise is in our future a little less than a year from now :-) In all likelihood it is going to be sailing out of Port Canaveral. We are planning to drive down there. What are some of the good places for long term parking? I did my research and I see various options. One of the first sites I ran into was: http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/. At $8.95/day it seems too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience parking there?

I would also be grateful if people can chime in on the places they have parked long term (say, over 4 nights or so) and let me know what your suggestions are.

Thank you!

Park and Cruise is great. Last time we used them, they were $6.99 with advance reservations on line--may have increased. Keep an eye out though, they do have on line sales for a bit off the normal price. DO make a reservation as they will fill up. Fenced, lighted, locked, good shuttle service.

Don't know anything about the place you named--sorry.

Some of the hotels offer "free" or charged parking with a one night stay before the cruise. You have to evaluate each one--some are basically a big lot and there have been reports of vandalism. Others are more secure.

Edited by moki'smommy

You have 4 available options:

1.SHIP-SIDE PARKING AT PORT CANAVERAL (online or drive-up rates are the same)

2.SHIP-SIDE PARKING AT PORT CANAVERAL (using a 40% hotel discount voucher - A GREAT DEAL)

3.COMMERCIAL OFF-SITE PARKING (lots are near the Port)

4.HOTEL PARKING

If you arrive in the area on the morning of your cruise then the hotel parking options are not applicable. If you arrive a night or two before your cruise, then you can choose between all four options and you can park ship-side under cover for the same price as parking off-site!

When are you planning to arrive?

Here is a lot more information...

As you are driving down will probably want to stay at hotel night before. The port has deals with some of the local hotels. When you check in or out you tell them you are cruising and they give you a voucher that lets you get appx 40% off the daily parking rate at the port. I have done this in past. You get to park at the pier and able to walk to you car after cruise and after the discount the daily rate is not too high.

We've always just parked right at the terminal. Yes, its more expensive but we don't mind paying for the convenience.

I agree with this- we dropped our bags at the curb, drove up to the garage and paid, then parked on the third deck and walked across right into the terminal. It was a 5 minute painless process.

We have used ParkPort 3 times and it we had no problems at all. Prepaid online, printed my reciept and showed it after arriving and received a parking permit for my mirror. You can drop your baggage with them before you park or park and then give them your baggage. You may wait outside or inside in a lounge type waiting area with chairs. Onto the shuttle buses and to the cruise terminal. Very easy! Parking is in the sun but lot is fenced.

We've done it multiple ways. Parking at the terminal is most convenient. Even with the 40% off coupon, it is slightly more costly than private lots. Without the coupon, it is quite expensive.

I'd park at the terminal if I stayed at a hotel that gave the coupon. Otherwise, park and cruise or another off-site lot. On a 3 night cruise, it's probably not a big deal. On a long 7 or 10 night cruise, that terminal parking can be quite costly.

I have used Park N Cruise many times and love them. We had an issue in 2012 where we mistakenly left a bag at home in Orlando, and Park N Cruise went above and beyond for us, staying staffed until we returned back (cruise right after Hurricane Sandy on Fantasy, we boarded at 2pm, realized bag was at home at 3pm). They stayed in contact with me as I was on the ship with family to let me know when DH got back to lot and was being driven back to terminal.

On my last cruise (April), my mom and I almost used them, with a price difference of $80 vs $120. Factoring in extra time to arrive, tips, the thousands of questions that moms ask, and the small amount of chaos you encounter when you return, we parked at the terminal. It really is one less inconvenience to just walk across the street from the terminal to the car and be on the road. But of course, that magic always comes with a price!

DCL Platinum Castaway Club ~ Ready for Norwegian Escape September 17-24 2016!

Go Port Canaveral has got a paved lot with lights for an unbeatable price. I have recommended to neighbors and friends and they've used them and it worked out great.

Their deal right now is pay for the roundtrip transfers and get up to 15 days of parking for free, minimum of 2 people. so for $20 you can park for 15 days, or if you've got larger vehicles like an RV or something you can pay $24 for their other lot. Pay for the transfer from the parking lot to terminal and from temrinal back to the lot. Tax free too

https://www.goportcanaveral.com/services/cruise-parking.php