Likelihood of being reunited with lost property?

akmday10

I disembarked off of the Queen Victoria today, and half way home I realised I left my teddy (had him since 4 years old and like to take him with me on holidays etc) in our stateroom. When I got home I quickly sent an email to the lost and found email address that the Cunard website said to. However, I also rang them, but this did not turn out very helpful and was told to wait 3 weeks and if no one has been in contact with me, then they never found what you had lost. Obviously he was in the stateroom, so surely I should be reunited with him? Its not like he is worth any money, he just means a lot to me and I'm devastated that I was stupid enough to not pack him.

I read a few threads with people not having much luck, however normally other ships and not Cunard so wondering if it may be different.

I disembarked off of the Queen Victoria today, and half way home I realised I left my teddy (had him since 4 years old and like to take him with me on holidays etc) in our stateroom. When I got home I quickly sent an email to the lost and found email address that the Cunard website said to. However, I also rang them, but this did not turn out very helpful and was told to wait 3 weeks and if no one has been in contact with me, then they never found what you had lost. Obviously he was in the stateroom, so surely I should be reunited with him? Its not like he is worth any money, he just means a lot to me and I'm devastated that I was stupid enough to not pack him.

I read a few threads with people not having much luck, however normally other ships and not Cunard so wondering if it may be different.

Post this on Cunard's Facebook page.

Just post a pic of Teddy, Social Media works wonders now. Hope you find him.
In addition to the details given in post 1 surely?

Otherwise it is just a photo of a "cute teddybear"... getting lots of "Likes"...

I sincerely hope that the OP is reunited with her life-long friend :)

Edited by pepperrn

Dreamflightpat What would you suggest I post?

Good evening.

I may be able to help.

Yesterday evening we entertained some friends who are members of the 'We Are Cunard Fanzine' that I run on Facebook.

They have just sailed on Queen Victoria 30 minutes ago and we are waiting to wave to them as they pass our balcony.

I can send them a message asking if they would be kind enough to check with Reception and with your stateroom Steward.

You can contact me to give me any details of cabin, etc which may be helpful by posting a comment on my Cruise Blog...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com

Don't worry, nothing will go public on the blog: I have to authorise that so your details stay with me.

It's a chance.

Edited by Solent Richard

Thank you for the suggestions about the picture, unfortunately I don't think I have taken a picture of him ever :(

Solent Richard, if you could that would be great, even if I know that he's been found and will soon be on his way back to me would be great! We was in stateroom 1036.

Here is a link to what he sort of looks like: http://www.ebay.com/cln/kraftykidkreations/animal-alley-lab-dogs/151790676012

although he is black not golden, and his nose has gone white.

Many thanks everyone.

Edit: He has a small dogs collar on with silver spikes going round the edge and two dog tags, one circular with the name Champ, and the other dog tag is bone shaped with the name Elvis.

Edited by akmday10

Thank you for the suggestions about the picture, unfortunately I don't think I have taken a picture of him ever :(

Solent Richard, if you could that would be great, even if I know that he's been found and will soon be on his way back to me would be great! We was in stateroom 1036.

Here is a link to what he sort of looks like: http://www.ebay.com/cln/kraftykidkreations/animal-alley-lab-dogs/151790676012

although he is black not golden, and his nose has gone white.

Many thanks everyone.

Edit: He has a small dogs collar on with silver spikes going round the edge and two dog tags, one circular with the name Champ, and the other dog tag is bone shaped with the name Elvis.

I contacted my friends and just received this message via Facebook messenger..."I'm on the case. Will go down tomorrow to start enquiries'.

Thank you so much! And please send on my thanks to them as well!

Good evening Akmday.

The good news is that Elvis has been recovered and I have a photograph of him with my friend.

I'm just waiting for her permission to show the photograph on this public forum.

The ship returns on the 23 June and knowing my friends Elvis will be in good hands.

Again, if you want to use the comment section of my blog then we can arrange for Elvis' safe return.

Good evening Akmday.

The good news is that Elvis has been recovered and I have a photograph of him with my friend.

I'm just waiting for her permission to show the photograph on this public forum.

The ship returns on the 23 June and knowing my friends Elvis will be in good hands.

Again, if you want to use the comment section of my blog then we can arrange for Elvis' safe return.

Hi again AKM.

That's the good news of course.

The bad news is that Social Services will be around in the morning. ;);):)

In addition to the details given in post 1 surely?

Otherwise it is just a photo of a "cute teddybear"... getting lots of "Likes"...

I sincerely hope that the OP is reunited with her life-long friend :)

Hi Pepperrn.

Your hopes were answered.

I make that 2 hours 3 minutes from time of the Fanzine engagement to time of recovery.

We Are Cunard

7878298038_870e33a427_z.jpg

Edited by Solent Richard

This is amazing thank you so much, you do not know what this means to me! Elvis has two names actually, his first name is Champ then Elvis, as my first dog was Champ, and then obviously second dog was Elvis, and both sadly have passed away.

Wow, look at him, he looks like he is enjoying himself, cheeky boy, didn't want to come home clearly!

Thank you to Jane for getting Champ for me and I hope he won't be too much trouble haha.

Solent Richard, I cannot thank you enough, and I will attempt to use your comments area on your blog, however I cannot promise anything as not always great with technology. Im assuming Jane now has custody of Champ and will be in her hands until she gets off and can send him back to me?

Wow! Well done Solent Richard. I too have a precious teddy that travels with me. The thought of him being left behind is awful. I am so glad you and your friends have managed to recover Elvis and that he will soon be on his way home. Brilliant!

Great news, a huge well done to Richard and Jane :) .

Will this extra cruise count when calculating champ's Cunard World Club level? ;)

Happy sailings to all, but esp to a particular stowaway teddybear.

Edited by pepperrn