Do Penthouse Suites have coffee machines in suite?

Catlover54

First Seabourn cruise coming up, on Odyssey in a PH suite, wondering if there is an in-room Kuerig cup thing or similar, like Regent had an in-room espresso machine ( if you could figure it out). I already know I can call room service or go to the early risers place at 6:15 or so I read about, but as a lifelong early riser for a variety of reasons, control of one's own coffee destiny in the uncivilised AM has its appeal.

• 3 weeks later...
Who needs a coffee maker when there is almost always a live one in Seabourn Square, even in early AM. And you can customize your café to your individual taste.

If you had seen my bed head, you'd know.

If I have to go to the Square to get tea, I have to shower first. I like being able to take my tea to the bathroom with me while I get ready. Just wish I could take my little electric mug warmer along, but it might short circuit the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the Odyssey now (first SB cruise and absolutely loving it so far, especially the service, and overall compared with the last SS cruises; I will write a full review when the cruising is over on 9/19).

RE the coffee issue: though I would prefer to have an in-room coffee maker for immediate impulse gratification on awakening without any travel at all, room service is indeed quick (in addition to having the option of ordering it the night before for a set time, e.g., when early shore excursions are on the agenda). The room service coffee is indeed drinkable (to me, it is also better than on our SS cruises). Also, SB Square starts servings espresso, cappuccino etc at 6:15 for wee morning hours arisers, and has a few breakfast pastries right there too. Finally, on the 10th floor (almost right above our 9th floor PH suite), there are pots of coffee and hot water for tea placed out close to 6AM in the Observation Lounge (there is, however, nothing else there, no service personnel, and almost no guests -- I had the place to myself this morning, and the only other guy who eventually showed up had worse hair than I did so I don't think hairstyling at that hour in the morning was an issue :).

• 2 months later...

We just returned from sailing on the Quest with a penthouse suite and there was no coffee maker in the suite, however we called room service, who were usually there within 20 minutes for a fresh pot of coffee each morning.

Twenty minutes can be a long time for us coffee addicts who require an instant "fix" in the morning to be civilized, i.e., get rid of the headache and get physically jumpstarted, like spent batteries, but as I noted in my 9/10 post there were ok work-arounds on SB. So because I otherwise loved my experience on SB, I have two more cruises booked with them. My upcoming first cruise on the Hapag-Lloyd Europa 2 will have a Nespresso machine in the suite (they offer them in all suite categories) which I will definitely enjoy, but I would not pick a cruiseline based only on the presence of on-demand in-room coffee as long as good coffee is to be had from somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk