Ideas..other than Beach and ruins...

ELA

We did ruins last year and will be doing the beach in Cozumel. We may still end up doing the beach here but wanted to check if there are other things for 2 adults and 13 yo girls.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Beach or ruins. That's about it. If you don't want to lay around on a lounger, head for Tropicante and ask for Jorge and rent a beach cruiser type bike. He'll give you directions and places to stop, so you can pedal at your leisure along the malecon and then along the water road to the south.

IMO, the waterpark is way over priced, but it fits the bill for families with tweens and teens.

Beach or ruins. That's about it. If you don't want to lay around on a lounger, head for Tropicante and ask for Jorge and rent a beach cruiser type bike. He'll give you directions and places to stop, so you can pedal at your leisure along the malecon and then along the water road to the south.

IMO, the waterpark is way over priced, but it fits the bill for families with tweens and teens.

Sorry for a silly question - is it a water bike or regular bike?

• 2 months later...
Sorry for a silly question - is it a water bike or regular bike?

Missed this ? earlier.

Regular bike. Beach cruisers are basically your old childhood no gears- no brakes fat tire with fenders bike. Albeit at Tropicante these are new and look like a regular trail bike. Malecon and roads are paved.

How about a visit to a cenote?

There nearest ones are well north of the port, road wise in the Sian Ka'an preserve area.

Maya Beach Gardens Resort, also north of the cruise port, has offered day tours there and if a ship is in for an extended period of time, there could be a ship excursion offered.

After we got off the ship from one of the many people selling tours. We had 6 people. 4 adult age admission and 2 kids. They gave us 1 free adult and 1 free kid. Averaged out to $60 pp with the 2 free. Others offered us 1 free kid only. We walked thru all the retail area, past the dolphins, to the end where we found our best deal. We had no plans before we left the ship so we had to go back to the ship to get our bathing suits, etc. great day! The larger the group the best deals you will find.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After we got off the ship from one of the many people selling tours. We had 6 people. 4 adult age admission and 2 kids. They gave us 1 free adult and 1 free kid. Averaged out to $60 pp with the 2 free. Others offered us 1 free kid only. We walked thru all the retail area, past the dolphins, to the end where we found our best deal. We had no plans before we left the ship so we had to go back to the ship to get our bathing suits, etc. great day! The larger the group the best deals you will find.

Thanks for the info, I was planning on booking ahead through the park but this might be the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

You're Welcome! We didn't book anything thru the ship. All on a whim at the ports. Made things interesting! And we did what we felt we were up to doing at that particular time.