Port of Cochin

chloe kitty

We will be in Cochin in June off a Princess ship. I expect some horrible weather. We are taking a half day tour of the area, then we would like to walk and shop. What is the best scenario? What is the worst scenario? If there some shopping near the port?

Thank you

We will be in Cochin in June off a Princess ship. I expect some horrible weather. We are taking a half day tour of the area, then we would like to walk and shop. What is the best scenario? What is the worst scenario? If there some shopping near the port?

Thank you

We were in Cochin in early April and temps were in the upper 90s, it was hot and humid. We had a great private tour that ended in the city, with walking around some sites. I seem to remember that you can't just walk from the port. The area didn't look so good.

We are not big shoppers and the stuff we saw for sale in some shops didn't appeal to us that much. Also, if you do shop, be sure to bargain.

We did a Backwater houseboat cruise with Tours by Locals. We had a wonderful day, which ended with a visit to the fishing nets and a market on the way back to the ship.

That is what we did and it was great. Worst part was the drive to get there.