Special treats for Birthday.

GOLDENBONNY

My DH turning 50 on our next cruise and I am looking for some ideas how to make it special for him. First idea is to order Bottle off Moet and breakfast to cabin in the morning but knowing how good MSC with delivering wrong items on wrong days , I don't know what to do best. Order before cruise and hope they deliver on proper date or just order night before on ship? Do they even deliver alcohol in 7 am? :confused::confused: We gonna visit Santorini this day so probably SPA ideas will not work since we are on ship excursion. Do I need to tell our waiter that its his birthday or he will know? Do you guys have any ideas to make this day special ? :D

Our daughter will be celebrating her birthday on our July 22nd cruise on board the Divina so I pre-ordered a birthday cake to be delivered to the MDR on her birthday . ( Now I can only hope that it all works out!) It cost $13 . This may be too much if you are a party of 2, but we have 9 in our group .

Not sure if this is helpful , but that's how we have decided to make the day special for her !

That is something to keep in mind. If you are just 2 people, you will probably be sharing a table with others, and expected to share your cake with them, too.

On the flip side, on our last cruise we were given a table for 2, so we only ate a small part of the cake. It was the first night of the cruise, so we didn't know anyone else to share with. We told the server that he and his colleagues could have the rest, but I don't know if they're necessarily thrilled about getting passengers' leftovers. I'm guessing it ended up in the trash… :(

The free birthday cake is technically a Gold/Black benefit, but I don't know how strict they are about that. And it might appear automatically, but to be on the safe side we always request it before the cruise and confirm again at the beginning of dinner.

We are Gold.

Our daughter will be celebrating her birthday on our July 22nd cruise on board the Divina so I pre-ordered a birthday cake to be delivered to the MDR on her birthday . ( Now I can only hope that it all works out!) It cost $13 . This may be too much if you are a party of 2, but we have 9 in our group .

Not sure if this is helpful , but that's how we have decided to make the day special for her !

We are party of 3 and I hope we seat alone, so I don't think I will order cake .

Hello Gramintor.

My wife will be celebrating her Birthday on the 23rd...did you order your cake direct with ship or was there an outside company that works with MSC?

Michael

Directly through MSC. You can go to "Already Booked ", enter your information (booking number , and name ) then under food and beverage packages you need to scroll down almost to the bottom ( you may have to "load more" options ) and you will find the birthday cake . There were other birthday options too that included alcohol , but we have the drink package so we have plenty of alcohol already . I had the option to have the cake delivered to her stateroom or to the MDR and opted for the dining room since her birthday ( July 25th ) is a port day and they could not guarantee an exact delivery time .

Hope this is helpful .

Deewrigg, that's great ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY , (a bit early) ! Are you sure that someone didn't purchase this as a gift to you ? If it was indeed from MSC , may I ask what status level you are ? TIA

Thank you for birthday wishes. It is our first time cruising MSC so we are not a status level yet. Upgrade has definitely come from MSC as nobody else knows details of the cruise, not even my husband. We are on the same cruise as you