MSC Seaside Aurea Balcony

KlausM999

If you book Aurea balcony on Seaside you can choose between one of the upper decks, or you take deck 9, with a balcony that is twice as big.

I think a balcony twice as big seems better for me than one of the upper decks, so we have chosen deck 9 for the moment.

What do you think?

We just booked two cabins a couple weeks ago and ended up going with deck 14. I didn't want 15 due to the overhang from deck 16 (still there at 14 but not as bad) and it looks like on 15 you are looking forward right at the bridge and 14 is a bit under? My wife and my brother both voted against 9 because of the open promenade deck right below. It's outside the spa so probably pretty quiet but they also both like the idea of looking out / down and seeing more sea then deck. Anyway... that's the thought process that got us to deck 14. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The 9th deck rooms have clear walls partially out which means you can walk out and get fantastic panorama views, private sun deck loungers and beautiful fake turf to run your feet through.

Higher up and further forward can be a more motion filled trip, could be disadvantages . Too soon to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 9 months later...

We picked deck 15 forward area as it's closest available to the outdoor /top part of the ship we'll usually spend most time on -but yeah the balcony is smaller. However if you see recent videos from deck 9 the promenade is directly below which sticks out (so not really looking down to the ocean view) but rather seeing people below your balcony. Think that may be a good option for sea-sickness folks though! Also worried about the fitness center noise directly below,,, not a morning person :-)

If you work your way through the Seaside photos thread there is a video of a Deck 9 Aurea Suite and long balcony, in the video there is no fake grass or sun loungers. Since the video the Loungers have been added.

Be aware that the dividers are all white and there is no glass side as in the renderings.

Only Deck 9 Suites aft have these balconies, the Aurea suites on the very back have the wrap around balconies.

There are B3 Aurea balcony cabins forward on Deck 9 with a double standard size balcony and they are also on 14 and 15 with standard balconies.

The interior of all these cabins are the same apart from those on the very back.

We are in 14262 this Saturday and people booking an Aft cabin should be aware that the Balcony glass wash machine is parked right outside from Deck 9 to 14.

Right on Sid, that's how I saw it also. I think those former pics were from the interior design studio company mock-up they did for MSC (the video I saw of it previously was in german tho) LOL. I too worry bit about the 'shade' from the deck 16 overhang but then again it also seemed private & cozy. I'll make sure to post after our Jan trip & let y'all know.A good point about the washing machine ..oh so many things to consider! It's so lovely I bet there's probably not a 'bad' room. Enjoy your trip & break that ship in for the rest of us! :D

Correction!! Fyi I think I stand corrected -just watching the live broadcast it does in fact show extended balconies with the turf. It appears to be those lower decks mentioned but it didn't not specify which cabin categories they are. If you're in one of those rooms -can't wait to see your feedback or pics!