What's changed on Crown Princess since 2011 ?

RICO72

That was the last time I went on her - July 4th to the Norwegian Fjords for 7 blissful nights !

I'll be honest.....I've since been exclusively on P&O but have now been tempted back to try a 14 night Norwegian Fjords and North Cape cruise in August 2017.

So, in that time, what can I expect to have changed, both Princess in general and the ship itself ? The good, the bad and the ugly please. If it makes any difference, I'm now a Platinum Princess cruiser.

Many thanks in advance.

Being platinum has nothing to do with the experience, except you may get on the ship a bit earlier and have some free internet minutes. That's it.

The Crown is my favorite ship. The main change is the addition of the Salty Dog to the Wheelhouse Bar. For more details, visit the Princess website. There's also a new show, Magic To Do.

Other than that...

The Crown & other Princess ships we've sailed in the past 2 years had twice daily buy one, get one for $1 happy hour at one of the bars.

I think that the $20 Crab Shack specialty dinner has been added since 2011. On a 7-day cruise it's usually offered on 2 evenings & is in the Horizon Bistro (aft section of buffet area).

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/crab_shack-fleet-29-apr-14.pdf

I've sailed the Crown twice in the past 6 months & the Adagio Bar is a quiet uncrowded gem.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hi what is club class dining?

Club class dining is being rolled out in stages on Princess. It is intended to be an enhanced dining experience for those in suites and mid ships mini suites. There are threads on Cruise Critic of cruisers for and against. Use the Search button top of page and Princesses web site for more information. We sometimes like to have a suit or mini suite but as DW is wheelchair dependant we have to have a handy-cap cabin (HC). None, as yet, of those are classified as being within the ones that will be able to dine this way.:(