JFK to Cape Liberty by Train/Subway

Chef Chris

Thank you Everybody! I feel much more confident and have written down our route with your step by step instructions. I'll let you know how we made out when we return. I'm not too worried about the airtrain and subway to Manhatten as I have done it once a couple years ago. The path and light rail will be new to me but now we have much more time to navigate by breaking up the trip.

One more quick question. I read somewhere that it is a little more then a km from the 34th street drop in New Jersey to the cruise ship. Has anyone ever just walked the last bit?

Thank you Everybody! I feel much more confident and have written down our route with your step by step instructions. I'll let you know how we made out when we return. I'm not too worried about the airtrain and subway to Manhatten as I have done it once a couple years ago. The path and light rail will be new to me but now we have much more time to navigate by breaking up the trip.

One more quick question. I read somewhere that it is a little more then a km from the 34th street drop in New Jersey to the cruise ship. Has anyone ever just walked the last bit?

You can't walk from the light rail station to the cruise terminal. The cruise terminal is located on the far end of a peninsula about 2.5 miles from the light rail station . There aren't sidewalks for you to use on that walk and pedestrians are prohibited .

By the way, when you say you're booked at the Wyndham, I assume it's the Wyndham New Yorker. If you look for the hotel you'll see a big sign on the top of the hotel that says "New Yorker", with "Wyndham" in smaller letters on another sign further down the hotel.. This is an historic property, opened in the early1930's (don't worry...it's been renovated). My guess is that you'd be hard-pressed to find a native who would have any idea of what you're talking about if you mention the name Wyndham, but everyone knows the New Yorker.

Edited by njhorseman