From 08 Oct 2017 - 18 Oct 2017

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Day 6

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Day 7

Hue/Danang (Chan May Port), Vietnam

Day 9

Ho Chi Minh (Phu My), Vietnam

Has anyone done the above cruise, these are the ports. Can you do these on your own? or is it best to book their excursions. Also can you walk from the port to the above places, if so is it far and will visa's be needed to go ashore. any help appreciated.

If you use the "search thread" function at the top right of this page and put in each of the ports you will come up with a wealth of information to assist you plan your trip.

Also add your name to the "roll call" for your cruise as there may be others organising private tours etc that you may be able to join.

Royal Caribbean 10 Night Hong Kong To Singapore Cruise

Sailing On Voyager Of The Seas

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Day 6

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Day 7

Day 9

Has anyone done the above cruise, these are the ports. Can you do these on your own? or is it best to book their excursions. Also can you walk from the port to the above places, if so is it far and will visa's be needed to go ashore. any help appreciated.

There is a roll call started. Check there for info. Also look at Destination Boardd site for Asia. I am also on this cruise.

If you use the "search thread" function at the top right of this page and put in each of the ports you will come up with a wealth of information to assist you plan your trip.

"Search Thread", top right of this page, only covers this thread so it's pointless.

The OP needs "Search Forum".

For that, go to the Asia forum

(short-cut is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=70 )

"Search Forum" is top right of that page.

Click on Search Forum, type a port or city in the drop-down box, and hit "go".

To get you started.........

Nha Trang. You'll need a shuttle (if provided) or a short taxi hop from port to town / beach. Or fix up a town & countryside tour in advance.

Chan May is about 90 minutes from Hue, or about the same from Hoi An (and you can include China Beach and Marble Mountain en route to Hoi An). We were on small ship& ported in Da Nang itself and we negotiated with vans and taxis and the port - I believe the same is possible at Chan May, but don't take my word for it. Chan May is a remote industrial port, nothing in walking distance.

Saigon (only officials call it HCMC) is about 90 minutes from Phu My. Best to fix up at least a transfer in advance - either ship's "on your own" transfer or book over the 'net with a local operator - use one independently recommended.

Transfers will drop you at or near the Rex Hotel - the city's major sights (Reunification Hall, War Remnants Museum, HCM Museum, Ben Thanh market, Notre Dame, etc) are all walkable from there.

Sorry. can't help with Taiwan.

Yep, join your cruise RollCall - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2429713

JB :) .

Royal Caribbean 10 Night Hong Kong To Singapore Cruise

Sailing On Voyager Of The Seas

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Day 6

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Day 7

Day 9

From the port of Phu My to Ho Chi Minh City(Saigon), we used Saigon Touring -Private Day Tours (Zoom) for a private tour.

For Da Nang, we used Tommy Tours &Transfers / Tommy Dao Tours

Both were excellent tours and tour guides. We had a big group from our roll call touringtogether.

Nah Trang - we toured around on our own.