Spring Break Doom?

cwalksss

Would you consider HAL or Celebrity if you are really looking to just chill?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have sailed Celebrity 7 or 8 times and HAL once. They are very similar and I have really enjoyed all my cruises on them. Only cruise I ever felt really overwhelmed with people (and kids) was RCCL Explorer of the Seas, 9-day over Thanksgiving.

Booked on first NCL cruise for December (Jade).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Just come off Epic 18/25 March. We had a ball with the "spring breakers" 450 or so from Clemson around 650 in total. Around 4,500 total passengers.

Plenty alcohol for everyone. No rudeness, no fights, no aggro, no queues. We got chatting to two from Clemson the second night and as the week progressed we got introduced to more & more "brothers" & "sisters"

Some passengers weren't happy but we had no hassle and whatever the lads got up to they did it with their tops off! So as two older gay guys (50/41) we were very happy! :hearteyes:

If two middle aged guys can have fun with them then two younger folk should have no problem......go with an open mind it's only a week!

SPRING BREAK!!

Chickenhawks! :eek:

We have done several spring break cruises and it's never been a problem for us. The pool area is definitely more crowded and more lively than other sailings we've been on, and there may be a little longer to wait at bars, but nothing that ever made us think we'd never book a cruise during spring break again.

Have sailed Celebrity 7 or 8 times and HAL once. They are very similar and I have really enjoyed all my cruises on them. Only cruise I ever felt really overwhelmed with people (and kids) was RCCL Explorer of the Seas, 9-day over Thanksgiving.

Booked on first NCL cruise for December (Jade).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Don't book NCL during spring break unless it is a longer sailing. I speak from experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Some passengers weren't happy but we had no hassle and whatever the lads got up to they did it with their tops off! So as two older gay guys (50/41) we were very happy! :hearteyes:

SPRING BREAK!!

Love this [emoji23][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just come off Epic 18/25 March. We had a ball with the "spring breakers" 450 or so from Clemson around 650 in total. Around 4,500 total passengers.

Plenty alcohol for everyone. No rudeness, no fights, no aggro, no queues. We got chatting to two from Clemson the second night and as the week progressed we got introduced to more & more "brothers" & "sisters"

If two middle aged guys can have fun with them then two younger folk should have no problem......go with an open mind it's only a week!

SPRING BREAK!!

You're obviously too easy going to be around these parts....don't you know you're supposed to find SOMETHING to complain about? ;)

College kids are poor and cheap, so they'll pick the cheapest cruise that leaves from a drive-able port. It's not only the Florida colleges you have to worry about, but also AL, GA, SC, NC, TN - any state within a reasonable driving distance. I would steer clear of the first 3 weeks in March, as that is when most college spring breaks are. If you have to cruise during those weeks and definitely don't want to be among the college spring breakers, don't pick the cheapest cruise for that week - because that's where they'll be.

The good news is, the college kids will be in the cheapest inside cabins in the bowels of the ship, and likely won't be up until at least noon each day - and can't afford any of the excursions - so you'll get some breaks from them.

To say college kids are poor and only take inside rooms is just crazy. My sons went on many spring break cruises and NEVER considered inside rooms. They always had balcony rooms. So did their UF friends. Many have been cruising for years so they know what room to get and have high status that includes balcony discounts. They get larger rooms because it is split 2-4 ways and that little extra for the outside or balcony room is pennies.

Any time during spring break your cruise could be the 3-7 day trip they target. Cost does not really play into the choice of trips. They just go where their friends are going! Take a longer cruise during spring break if you want to avoid the college crowd.

This was a cruise one of my 3 kids did for spring break. I am guessing this is the crowd the original poster encountered. All schools can have hundreds on a ship.

Edited by dasi11