Best Island for Helicopter Tour

Beagleluv6107

Hi gang,

I am going on the POA in April 2018. I definitely want to do an open air helicopter tour.

I was thinking Kauai. I just wanted to get some advice if this was the best island for

such an excursion.

Thanks so much!!

Nothing in the world quite like Kauai. And a helicopter ride will show you why. Book one that is at least an hour, primarily focused on the NaPali coast.

It is also worth doing the extra research to differentiate among helicopter models best suited to your needs and preferences (seating/photos/weight distribution/etc)

IMG_1495673496.035949.jpg.5fa986acc9ce7cd022838f4c840886d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMG_1495673456.699184.jpg.1db140217e73d953bc2325f1d1b5ab87.jpg

What's most amazing about threads like this is why would anyone ever choose going to the Caribbean over Hawaii? Yes- requires a flight for folks from the East. But, as an original New Yorker, let me tell you that there is life west of Philadelphia.

If I had to choose one, it would be the Big Island, over Kilauea. But I seem to recall reading that none of tours do open doors there, for safety reasons. But Kauai is pretty spectacular too, in a totally different way. Live volcano vs. fabulous scenery---your pick.

Helicopter not worth is on the other islands. They are lovely, but you can get to the lovely spots by land. Kauai and the BI, not so much.

What's most amazing about threads like this is why would anyone ever choose going to the Caribbean over Hawaii? Yes- requires a flight for folks from the East. But, as an original New Yorker, let me tell you that there is life west of Philadelphia.

While I agree with you on choosing Hawaii over the Caribbean and having just returned from Hawaii myself ( I live in Florida) not everyone has the physical ability to do such a long flight and the financial means to travel to Hawaii.

Hawaii is an expensive destination. Worth it but expensive.

If I had to choose one' date=' it would be the Big Island, over Kilauea. But I seem to recall reading that none of tours do open doors there, for safety reasons. But Kauai is pretty spectacular too, in a totally different way. Live volcano vs. fabulous scenery---your pick.

Helicopter not worth is on the other islands. They are lovely, but you can get to the lovely spots by land. Kauai and the BI, not so much.[/quote']

We were lucky did a doors off helicopter in Kauai and our amazing ship Captain the one and only Captain Tasos on the Celebrity Solstice got us 1/3 of a mile to the lava entering the sea after we left Hilo for Kona earlier this month and did a 360 so everyone got a great view. Why 1/3 of a mile? According to Captain Tasos that what the experts told him was the closest that he could go!