A Little Worried, my Mom says....

esdoorn

I understand completely esdoorn, my parents are well into their 80's as well, and actually have reached the point where they may not be able to cruise again due to health issues, but; my Mom sounds a bit like yours. They sail on Celebrity, or have been for the last 10 years or so, and my mother has been known to call the maitre d because someone is wearing a baseball cap in the MDR, lol. I would never even notice that, since it is so much the norm these days to see people wearing them. But that is my mom. I did manage to drag her along on one Carnival cruise and she did enjoy it, or claimed to have enjoyed it. So, I totally get where you are coming from.

Even if; when you go on your cruise and get that feeling that your Mom may have been right, there are always places to go on a ship to get away from that type of scene. My first Carnival cruise was on the Sensation, but way back in 2000, when she did 7 day cruises from Tampa.

Go, enjoy with your family, and however it turns out to be, chalk it up to cruise experience. I do think though that you will be fine.

I understand completely esdoorn, my parents are well into their 80's as well, and actually have reached the point where they may not be able to cruise again due to health issues, but; my Mom sounds a bit like yours. They sail on Celebrity, or have been for the last 10 years or so, and my mother has been known to call the maitre d because someone is wearing a baseball cap in the MDR, lol. I would never even notice that, since it is so much the norm these days to see people wearing them. But that is my mom. I did manage to drag her along on one Carnival cruise and she did enjoy it, or claimed to have enjoyed it. So, I totally get where you are coming from.

Even if; when you go on your cruise and get that feeling that your Mom may have been right, there are always places to go on a ship to get away from that type of scene. My first Carnival cruise was on the Sensation, but way back in 2000, when she did 7 day cruises from Tampa.

Go, enjoy with your family, and however it turns out to be, chalk it up to cruise experience. I do think though that you will be fine.

Thanks!!!

One thing I think we will enjoy is the Serenity Deck.

......that my wife and I will be very sorry to have booked a Carnival Cruise. She said that Carnival will be filled with loud drunks, the food will suck and why didn't I take her advice and book with Celebrity.

Is there that big of a difference between Carnival and Celebrity?

Our hope is for a decent room, decent food, nice staff and enjoy our ports of Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau. The major reason for booking with Carnival is it fit our holiday schedule the best.

After 12 Carnival cruises I have never had a problrm. We have loved and enjoyed everyone

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

After 12 Carnival cruises I have never had a problrm. We have loved and enjoyed everyone

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Thanks!!!

In general my wife and I are very pleased with the feedback received. Our main take away is the cruise is what you make it and we will make sure we have a great time! We tend to be pretty relaxed and don't feel the need to rush.

Also, we have already booked Cabana's for Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay and are going to an AI resort in Nassau with a little shopping mixed in around the straw market/downtown areas.