Disney Cruise Line Returns to New York in 2016

LauraS

Will this be really expensive since there's a limited number of sailings ?

Guess that depends on your definition of "really expensive." IMHO, the 2016 dates that are out so far are way high.

My TA sent an e-mail that implied (but didn't directly state) that bookings will be available tomorrow, at least for platinum. What she said was that she will call first thing tomorrow and reserve what I told her I want. So we should see some rates then......

Yup, just got an e-mail fro DCL. Platinum booking tomorrow, general booking 5/20.

Edited by moki'smommy

Any idea if it will be extended or happen in the summer. Since I'm a teacher I can't take off during the year.

As of right now, looks like it'll only be in October. Hopefully it's popular enough to bring on addl sailings from the NY/NJ area.

Any idea if it will be extended or happen in the summer. Since I'm a teacher I can't take off during the year.

Wont be extended in 2016. They have the schedule for the rest of that year. Possibly 2017 if 2016 goes well.

The problem with summer is that the Wonder has been doing Alaska (she is the only ship that will currently fit thru the canal), and the Magic has been doing much better in Europe. Fantasy and Dream are under contract to remain in Port Canaveral. I suppose a cruise from New York to Port Canaveral with a day at WDW would be a possibility.

As long as they are filling the ships at "full price" on the current plan, they aren't likely to take a chance on something dramatically different.

Hi all, quick question - the above linked article says that the bookings will be available to 'the public' beginning on Wednesday (5/20). As someone who has only cruised RCCL, I'm assuming booking is currently open to the DCL equivalent of the "Crown and Anchor Society;" whatever the DCL Loyalty Program is called. Any of you who happen to have access to that information, is the above linked article correct that it's only those 4 or 5 itineraries described in the article or are there actually more that they just didn't highlight in the informational piece?

Sorry JerseyGirl, I know that's pretty much the same thing you asked but you got me curious.

Booking opens tomorrow at 8 am to platinum level Castaway Club members. Until then, there is no info available other than what has been linked....unless some TA has it and has released it on line prematurely. I doubt that they have any info as it was leaked a couple years ago so DCL keeps it pretty tight now.

I am platinum, and can't get anything on the DCL site. This includes the restricted pages.

Edited by moki'smommy

Booking opens tomorrow at 8 am to platinum level Castaway Club members. Until then' date=' there is no info available other than what has been linked....unless some TA has it and has released it on line prematurely. I doubt that they have any info as it was leaked a couple years ago so DCL keeps it pretty tight now.

I am platinum, and can't get anything on the DCL site. This includes the restricted pages.[/quote']

Any rumors of possible new builds in the books for Disney? :cool:

Booking opens tomorrow at 8 am to platinum level Castaway Club members.

I thought gold also Early Booking Opportunity. I'll soon find out at tomorrow. Just going price it out but I think it is going to be at a premium.

i'm onboard the Magic now, and there are around 900 gold, platiium members onboard and around 875 of them are standing in que just now, so there will only be left overs cabins to the rest of you.

Cruises are only off sesong, and prises are high.

Intaries are not that good either, so i will not stand in line.

And there are also gong to be more cruises from galveston.

i'm onboard the Magic now, and there are around 900 gold, platiium members onboard and around 875 of them are standing in que just now, so there will only be left overs cabins to the rest of you.

Cruises are only off sesong, and prises are high.

Intaries are not that good either, so i will not stand in line.

And there are also gong to be more cruises from galveston.

Thanks for the info. I will check tomorrow.

Gold member here and I couldn't get a mock cruise from NYC this morning. I shall try tomorrow and to see the prices.

Gold and Platinum CC members can book today by phone only. Online bookings open tomorrow for everyone.

According to posts from another site, the NY cruises are booking up fast.