Hair Salon Services on SS?

mysty

I frequently get my hair cut on the ships. It is like anything else, sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. Talk to the Spa Manager. She/he may lead you in the right direction. It wii always grow back, I tell myself! I do not know where you live, but it is pricier than my stylist at home. Enjoy.

Edited by duct tape

I frequently get my hair cut on the ships. It is like anything else, sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. Talk to the Spa Manager. She/he may lead you in the right direction. It wii always grow back, I tell myself! I do not know where you live, but it is pricier than my stylist at home. Enjoy.

Thank you duct tape! I thought it might be pricier. Captive market and all that! I am contemplating a longish cruise and my "skunk line" would start to show about half way through. Just wondered if the salon could handle it at a reasonable cost. I live in Canada and I currently pay about $60 for a colour and about $70 for a cut.

I was on Spirit in NZ and AUS for 25 days, so both cut and color were important for me as well. From what my stylist said, most of them do a 6-9 month contract and then return home. She was "showing the ropes" to a new stylist after being aboard for 3 months. I can't recall the exact breakdown of my bill, but it was $167 for cut, color, and blow dry. I was very pleased with the color, and the cut was fine as well. The only "glitch" for me was that they (apparently) do not have any curling irons, only a round brush with the dryer, and a flat iron. So, if you like your hair styled with a curling iron, take one to the salon with you.

I was on Spirit in NZ and AUS for 25 days, so both cut and color were important for me as well. From what my stylist said, most of them do a 6-9 month contract and then return home. She was "showing the ropes" to a new stylist after being aboard for 3 months. I can't recall the exact breakdown of my bill, but it was $167 for cut, color, and blow dry. I was very pleased with the color, and the cut was fine as well. The only "glitch" for me was that they (apparently) do not have any curling irons, only a round brush with the dryer, and a flat iron. So, if you like your hair styled with a curling iron, take one to the salon with you.

Thanks so much brumagin1! That gives me a very good idea of what to expect! And it seems very reasonably priced. I appreciate your input!

Silversea rep provided the menu with prices but stupidly I must have deleted it by mistake! To give you a frame of reference I was interested in acrylic nail fills and they charge $61 where at a nice Salon at home in U.S. I pay $30. Your TA or reps at Silversea should be able to get it for you. My first Silversea cruise starts Wednesday and I am looking forward to sailing on the Shadow. Enjoy your trip!

Silversea rep provided the menu with prices but stupidly I must have deleted it by mistake! To give you a frame of reference I was interested in acrylic nail fills and they charge $61 where at a nice Salon at home in U.S. I pay $30. Your TA or reps at Silversea should be able to get it for you. My first Silversea cruise starts Wednesday and I am looking forward to sailing on the Shadow. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks so much venture13! That also gives me an idea of what pricing might be. And I have deleted more things by mistake than I can remember! :) Appreciate your response! And enjoy your first experience with Silversea! I'm sure you will be pleased with your cruise choice!

Thanks so much Poppy1966 and spinnaker2! Poppy1966 your price information is exactly what I am looking for. If we get to actually go on the cruise we booked for 2016, my mop is going to need exactly what you provided the info for. Spinnaker2, your suggestion to get the colour formula from my stylist is brilliant! Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! :)

Too funny. My hair hasn't been touched by a colorist in many years. It's pretty much white. Although I think I financed the mortgage for my colorist for years and years, I had a major surgery and couldn't get to the colorist for awhile. At that time I cut my hair very short and let it grow out. I had been told it was salt and pepper and that I could never NOT color it ( colorist told me that). Imagine my shock as it grew back to be white. Not much pepper!

That was the end of a financially lucrative arrangement for my colorist...

spinnaker2, I would love to have white hair! Mine, uncoloured, is a nasty, muddy looking brown with strands of white. I have considered just having the whole thing dyed a lovely silver. My concern is that when the roots start to show, it will not be pretty. :( So, I continue with the colour. The last time it was coloured in February, I decided to walk on the wild side and had streaks of purple added to the bangs and the sides. I'm on the other side of 60 so it does give people pause. Ha Ha!

Too funny. My hair hasn't been touched by a colorist in many years. It's pretty much white. Although I think I financed the mortgage for my colorist for years and years, I had a major surgery and couldn't get to the colorist for awhile. At that time I cut my hair very short and let it grow out. I had been told it was salt and pepper and that I could never NOT color it ( colorist told me that). Imagine my shock as it grew back to be white. Not much pepper!

That was the end of a financially lucrative arrangement for my colorist...

I use the same colorist as you! You are lucky to have white hair. Mine (what is left of it) is salt and pepper.

Just want to second Spinnaker2's suggestion about getting the formula from your colorist at home. My colorist said they get these requests all the time, when people are going away for an extended period, and they're happy to do it.

One less thing to have to worry about!