Can't wait to hear about Dream after dry-dock!!

rachella

Me too. We get on tomorrow at 1:00. Can't wait!!!

Make sure you come back and tell us all about it[emoji108]🏼[emoji1360] and, if at all possible, would LOVE a small video of room 10290 just off lido to show my friend how it is not really a main thoroughfare...hehe!![emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be boarding tomorrow afternoon as well! Have cruised on the Dream previously. Looking forward to seeing her post dry dock.

Same for you....

Make sure you come back and tell us all about it[emoji1360][emoji108]🏼and, if at all possible, would LOVE a small video of room 10290 just off lido to show my friend how it is not really a main thoroughfare...hehe!![emoji12]

I am on B2B. Still glitches on screen.

Guys Burgers [emoji106]🏻

Blue Iguana Cantina [emoji106]🏻

Pig and Anchor 🤞🏻

1st time on Dream so dont know what else to compare. Very little shows 1 week out from Drydock.

Only 1 Playlist Production "Motor City" on Last night. Had a couple of glitches.

I'm working on a review right now, in general the new restaurants are great, the ship is much cleaner and crisper than it was before. The engine issues are definitely fixed as the shudder is gone and the ship was moving near top speed much of the cruise.

On the downside they are still working out glitches in the Encore theater and something is messed up with water slides and hot tubs and they are mostly non functional at the moment. Look for my 3rd annual edition of "A Winter Escape" for tons of details in the coming days.

Just got off the Dream this am. The staff was amazing and very attentive!! New carpet in main areas by elevators, but not our room (6442). Very disappointed that slides didn't work until Tuesday afternoon and all of the hot tubs were down for the majority of this past week. It was really annoying because as soon as one opened it was so crowded, you either had to wait forever or just give up on it. Lots of people were fired up over this! Workers were seen adding contact paper on the pergolas up on the Serenity Deck on days at sea, which was irritating because sections of thT deck were unavailable for use as well. Our room had older carpet and curtains as well. IMO ship was taken out of dry dock way too soon. Lots of people thought this as well with so many things not working all week. Coffee machines broke BOTH mornings at sea in BOTH sections of Lido. And the new pig and anchor restaurant didn't open for a few days and when it did, the lines were extremely long.

Ok, I don't know if my review will be a fair one because I've never been on this ship prior to the dry dock revamp but I was pretty disappointed. My vacation all in all was great because we made it that way but the ship itself was a disappointment for me. I think it just wasn't 100% ready (more like 60% and thats bs because I didn't pay 60% of the fare) out of dry dock and a lot of things were unorganized, shut down, not open, etc. Not sure if true but I was also told that pretty much the entire crew was new to the ship which also showed the first few days. But -

Guys Burgers is GREAT.

Blue Iguana Tacos and Burritos are GREAT.

Pig and Anchor was GREAT for the 2 1/2 hours per day (only open on sea days) it was open.

No, the screen was not fixed.

Even with the good reviews on the new places to eat, they sure have weird open/close times. I'm pretty sure Guys and Blue Iguana were only open till 6pm. Which is weird because that is when most people start eating dinner / coming back from port days. Not sure if this will change in the future but it needs to. Pig and anchor was only open from 12-2:30 and only on sea days. Why?!?

I don't know what the norm is on Carnival ships or the Dream in particular but the Lido buffet really lacked in variety as well and also had weird hours that didn't seem to be easily found anywhere.

The new pizza place was ok and open 24 hours which was good for late eaters like me but they often seemed overwhelmed. Even late at night there were often long lines. For the only place open that time of night to eat they should be ready for crowds.

Entertainment - meh. Unless you wanted to see a mediocre comedian or a guy playing live music in a bar, there wasn't much else besides the standard Newlywed show and stuff like that.

This was my first time on Carnival and just my opinion but RC has them beat easily in every area. I'm also not really a "complainer" or negative person but I was just underwhelmed period with the entire ship and experience. I will say most of the staff were very nice and trying their best but I just think the ship wasn't ready. Luckily we made the best of it and had a blast and met a lot of friendly, cool people but I'm not even sure if I'd sail Carnival again. The one plus point for me was that Carnival is less "stuffy"/snobby whatever in general. Casual. Staff and cruisers. Just more laid back. And I like that.

Hopefully things will get better as they are more prepared and work out the bugs.

Ok, I don't know if my review will be a fair one because I've never been on this ship prior to the dry dock revamp but I was pretty disappointed. My vacation all in all was great because we made it that way but the ship itself was a disappointment for me. I think it just wasn't 100% ready (more like 60% and thats bs because I didn't pay 60% of the fare) out of dry dock and a lot of things were unorganized, shut down, not open, etc. Not sure if true but I was also told that pretty much the entire crew was new to the ship which also showed the first few days. But -

Guys Burgers is GREAT.

Blue Iguana Tacos and Burritos are GREAT.

Pig and Anchor was GREAT for the 2 1/2 hours per day (only open on sea days) it was open.

No, the screen was not fixed.

Even with the good reviews on the new places to eat, they sure have weird open/close times. I'm pretty sure Guys and Blue Iguana were only open till 6pm. Which is weird because that is when most people start eating dinner / coming back from port days. Not sure if this will change in the future but it needs to. Pig and anchor was only open from 12-2:30 and only on sea days. Why?!?

I don't know what the norm is on Carnival ships or the Dream in particular but the Lido buffet really lacked in variety as well and also had weird hours that didn't seem to be easily found anywhere.

The new pizza place was ok and open 24 hours which was good for late eaters like me but they often seemed overwhelmed. Even late at night there were often long lines. For the only place open that time of night to eat they should be ready for crowds.

Entertainment - meh. Unless you wanted to see a mediocre comedian or a guy playing live music in a bar, there wasn't much else besides the standard Newlywed show and stuff like that.

This was my first time on Carnival and just my opinion but RC has them beat easily in every area. I'm also not really a "complainer" or negative person but I was just underwhelmed period with the entire ship and experience. I will say most of the staff were very nice and trying their best but I just think the ship wasn't ready. Luckily we made the best of it and had a blast and met a lot of friendly, cool people but I'm not even sure if I'd sail Carnival again. The one plus point for me was that Carnival is less "stuffy"/snobby whatever in general. Casual. Staff and cruisers. Just more laid back. And I like that.

Hopefully things will get better as they are more prepared and work out the bugs.

Oh Boy! I certainly hope these glitches are fixed soon ... we are going out on the 5th of March. Coming from Northern Minnesota we want to enjoy those hot tubs and slides ;) We have been on other Carnival ships and have always had great staff, but to not have everything up and running as it should be is a bit concerning :( It is in fact part of what you pay for when you book. I guess we will see in a week or so how it goes. Will be anxious to hear what those on this week have to say come Sunday or Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed that the quirks get worked out (yn)

Oh Boy! I certainly hope these glitches are fixed soon ... we are going out on the 5th of March. Coming from Northern Minnesota we want to enjoy those hot tubs and slides ;) We have been on other Carnival ships and have always had great staff, but to not have everything up and running as it should be is a bit concerning :( It is in fact part of what you pay for when you book. I guess we will see in a week or so how it goes. Will be anxious to hear what those on this week have to say come Sunday or Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed that the quirks get worked out (yn)

We are sailing on March 5th as well. We have family coming in from Faribault, Minnesota so hopefully you guys will have a chance to meet. This is their first cruise, so they won't even notice if anything is different or missing. The rest of our family may be a little disappointed, but we will make the best of it.

We had the exact same issues with weird open/close times back in November on the Liberty (that whole cruise was a nightmare, but I digress). We missed food by minutes several times. The times posted for the buffet in the Fun Times were incorrect and the lines for the options that were open were very long. Hope that's not the new trend, we've been on several Carnival cruises and haven't had issues before. We'll be on the Dream in March, hoping things are worked out!

We are sailing on March 5th as well. We have family coming in from Faribault, Minnesota so hopefully you guys will have a chance to meet. This is their first cruise, so they won't even notice if anything is different or missing. The rest of our family may be a little disappointed, but we will make the best of it.

After the snowstorm they had last night / today I am sure they will be happy to get some much needed sun therapy :) I agree they may not notice what is norm and what's not, but if slides, hot tubs etc are not in good working order they will notice that.... we too are looking for a good time, just hoping these issues get ironed out:) you never know who you will meet on a ship, I will listen for that Minnesota accent ;)

Ok, I don't know if my review will be a fair one because I've never been on this ship prior to the dry dock revamp but I was pretty disappointed........

Thanks for the review!! I really appreciate your honesty. I would have been very disappointed as well if the ship's advertised amenities were not operational. Glad you had a positive attitude and were able to just go with the flow!

I got off the dream 2/19 and had a wonderful cruise. Enjoyed the comedy, musicians, Guys burgers, Guys BBQ, everything! I tend to look for whats right and not whats wrong, so I may not be a good one to ask. But we enjoyed every minute.

I got off the dream 2/19 and had a wonderful cruise. Enjoyed the comedy, musicians, Guys burgers, Guys BBQ, everything! I tend to look for whats right and not whats wrong, so I may not be a good one to ask. But we enjoyed every minute.

glad you had a good time! does the Dream have the Filipino band playing at night?:)

Too bad they couldn't manage to fix the seaside theater screen but oh well.

Not sure why they did/have not fixed this. It has been talked about here on CC for a very long time so it's obviously a known issue. I would think it would have been easy to replace in 2 weeks. I really love to get some popcorn and watch a good movie on some of the nights that I'm worn out and just want to chill:cool:

It sounds like they moved the Pig and Anchor to where they had the Tandoori Buffet. Is that true? I loved the Dream because of the Indian food. It was also only open for lunch hours. It will be missed, by me at least.

My biggest complaint about the Dream, and Carnival in general, is the food times are so random and not well thought out. As someone said, why are you closing up so many food options right as dinner is getting underway? Sometimes I don't want to fight the crowds or long eating times in the MDR so it would be nice to get a plate somewhere else. I am sorry but the Lido buffet is not an option.

After sailing on Celebrity this past summer I am completely spoiled with more food options and a buffet that is just so much better and that is on a line that isn't even top notch in the food department. Carnival really lags behind in choice, timing and food quality.