Sail and Sign - Cabin Keys

tulipcityfamily

Our family is sailing next month on the Carnival Magic. Previously we have all stayed in one cabin, but this year we decided to have two cabins. Due to my DS ages, 17 and 14 years old, we had to put one adult and one son in each cabin. I know we need to stop at the desk on board to move individuals around for cabin assignments, but do they issue a new card or just provide another to access the cabin? I want to ensure that I have a cabin key to my sons cabin.

Our family is sailing next month on the Carnival Magic. Previously we have all stayed in one cabin, but this year we decided to have two cabins. Due to my DS ages, 17 and 14 years old, we had to put one adult and one son in each cabin. I know we need to stop at the desk on board to move individuals around for cabin assignments, but do they issue a new card or just provide another to access the cabin? I want to ensure that I have a cabin key to my sons cabin.

That's interesting. We always booked our kids in their own cabin across the hall. Even Carnival website shows that you don't need a parent and child, your kids ages, per cabin. Whoever told you this gave you misinformation.

Regarding your question, you can go to Guest Services and either have your S&S cards reprogrammed so both adults are in one cabin and both kids are in another and get a separate key only card for their cabin or just ask for key only cards for both cabins.

Have a great cruise. Magic is a wonderful ship.

That's interesting. We always booked our kids in their own cabin across the hall. Even Carnival website shows that you don't need a parent and child, your kids ages, per cabin. Whoever told you this gave you misinformation.

Regarding your question, you can go to Guest Services and either have your S&S cards reprogrammed so both adults are in one cabin and both kids are in another and get a separate key only card for their cabin or just ask for key only cards for both cabins.

Have a great cruise. Magic is a wonderful ship.

The youngest son will turn 14 years old a week after the cruise. So since he is 13 years old on the cruise we had to put an adult name on both the rooms. I guess I should have said 13 when I posted this.

Still don't need to do that unless the children are not next to you or across from you :confused:

The cabins are 5 doors away from each other. One is a balcony and the other is an interior room. Maybe this is why?

When I book our next cabins I'll make sure we do it with adults in one cabin and my sons in the other cabin.

We sail each yr with our kids and have always had to put an adult "in their room"--regardless if I book online or through a CC rep. The reps and even guest services on board have always told us we have to do that, but we can just get extra key cards and everyone can just sleep where they want but as far as the booking is concerned there is at least 1 adult in a room with kids. I know the website states anyone under 12 can still be directly across hall or next door if parent insists- and I've brought that up, but each time both booking reps & on board guest services states that a minor must have a parent listed on their room. Maybe this is just a recurring issue for us--but with that said it actually works out for us as when we are with the kids my wife chooses not to drink much and I still do (hey I'm with kids I need the bar!)--so since we are then listed in separate rooms I can still get Cheers and she doesn't since she won't be using it

The cabins are 5 doors away from each other. One is a balcony and the other is an interior room. Maybe this is why?

When I book our next cabins I'll make sure we do it with adults in one cabin and my sons in the other cabin.

Yes. That is why. I read this on their website the other day. There are age restrictions and who can be in a room alone, and according to how old they are, there are different specifications as to how far away they can be without a parent or guardian registered to the room. I believe it's right next door or directly across the hall for one age, then no more than 3 doors away for another age. I can't remember now what the ages were. I just remember reading how specific it was!

Just booked 7 day cruise with 2 cabins on Dream with DD 16 and DS 14 in cabin by themselves. Cabins are next to each other. PVP said since cabins were next to each other an adult did not have to be in room and we could go to GS once onboard and get a separate SS card for access to kids room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had two balcony cabins on spa deck next to each other which also were able to open the balcony partition making bigger. Always left the balcony doors unlocked so we had access to our teen boys room at all times. I had booked one adult and one teen per room but when we checked in they had already set it up for a queen and two twins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can save yourself a trip to guest services and call Carnival now to get it straightened out. That's what I did. No problem.

Unless they're booked like that because of Cheers restrictions.

I booked the rooms with one adult In each room because Carnival required it. Not sure how Cheers was brought up, but it wasn't to beat the system.

They required that an adult/parent be in each room with our daughters when I booked online but when I called to get it straightened out I didn't have a problem moving my 15 year old next door with her 18 year old sister so my husband and I could have a room together. YMMV but I would give it a try if you want to save yourself a trip to GS. The last thing I want to do on embarkation is wait around in more lines.