Preziosa Theme Nights

Cortesefam

We are sailing on the May 29 departure from Civitavecchia visiting Palermo, Malta, Palma, Valencia, Marseille and Genoa. This will be our first MSC cruise, and we would welcome any advice from recent cruisers on this ship/itinerary.

It looks like there are two formal nights scheduled--insight on the dress code and theme nights on board and which nights are formal would be very helpful.

We noted that in the shore excursion program many of the excursions for Genoa indicate they are for transit passengers--any perspective on the Genoa shore trips offered by MSC would be great too!

We're excited to try a new cruise line, and are booked in the Yacht Club section, which sounds wonderful based on other posts we've read here on Cruise Critic. Thanks in advance for replies and advice.

I have done 2 MSC European sailings and there was no themed nights. In a 7 night sailing there are 2 formal night. I found that only about 20 percent of the ship did proper formal wear and the rest went in smart casual. I was not in YC so maybe a former YC passenger can help you there.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise. Not long now!!!

mairead224: Thank you for your feedback. We're packing and organizing this weekend, and will definitely shift more towards "nice" vs. "formal". We are excited about the cruise, and have been busy finalizing tours and excursions as well.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

we are travelling on Preziosa on July 14th. Having been on MSC 6 times , I have to say , as long as the Europeans do not alarm you with there no waiting for anything policy you will have a great time. (Italians mostly) I would love to know how your cruise went and how the new entertainment is. How wonderful to be in the yacht club, Ive never been able to afford this luxury. Enjoy!:)

we are travelling on Preziosa on July 14th. Having been on MSC 6 times , I have to say , as long as the Europeans do not alarm you with there no waiting for anything policy you will have a great time. (Italians mostly) I would love to know how your cruise went and how the new entertainment is. How wonderful to be in the yacht club, Ive never been able to afford this luxury. Enjoy!:)

Noticed that you are from Javea. We have a home there too. Small world. Any tips for MSC as we have only cruised with them once. We thoroughly enjoyed it but had our elderly mothers with us so were a bit restricted. We are going on the PREZIOSA from Valencia to Brazil in November. You will have to let me know how you get on.

well we are only going this time from Valencia to Valencia as also my mother is attending! I like MSC I find the staff lovely on all our other ships, we are also going in February with them on the Poesia ( not sure I've spelt that right)

flying from the UK to Barbados for a 14 night Caribbean cruise. The drinks package we find is very reasonable if its not included in your package. €23 pp per day. You can also not pay the gratuities as its optional, but let them know on the first or second day. They just take it off. No questions asked.

Have a great time , and also let me know what Brazil is like. :)