how do you call home

byanks7

Thank you for all the advice. A shout out to Tony, waiting to buy you a shot of Sambuca next time i see you on a Princess cruise.

I will go with the ship wifi package and use face time, with audio only. (except to my 87 yr old mom who still has a flip phone). From what i read the wifi isnt that great on the CP. Will i need to go up on deck to face time?

From what i read the wifi isnt that great on the CP. Will i need to go up on deck to face time?

Wifi is hit-n-miss on the ship. You may need to relocate to improve the signal.

We were able to facetime with video from our aft Vista suite albeit off-peak, after midnight before 7AM. Wifi and internet signal was good in the cabin.

AT&T offers "Mobile Passport" which includes unlimited texting and several data plan levels. If you're using the ship's WiFI, the data doesn't count against the Passport data plan. Only if you're using the ship's or international cell service. If you use cell service, don't upload or download photos in texts, email, CruiseCritic or FB as they will use up your Mobile Passport data very quickly.

Will i need to go up on deck to face time?

Probably not. On Coral, I had to prop the cabin door open

to maintain a connection.

Apparently this was a 'please stop and stare' into the room

invitation to the other 2000 people on the ship.

Thank you for all the advice. A shout out to Tony, waiting to buy you a shot of Sambuca next time i see you on a Princess cruise.

I will go with the ship wifi package and use face time, with audio only. (except to my 87 yr old mom who still has a flip phone). From what i read the wifi isnt that great on the CP. Will i need to go up on deck to face time?

Hi Byanks7,

It's only me Tony. When I used my IPad Pro I was all over the ship Royal Princess and it worked GREAT never had a problem. I gave my granddaughter's a tour of the ship. I talked to my son from my cabin evere night no problem at all.

We are elite members so wifi was free for us 500 minutes for each cruise. We were on a B2B 10 day cruise. Say HI to your 87 yr YOUNG mom for me!!!

Tony