I need to do Transatlantic - advice please

Winchester Ranger

Having done several northern route T/A's in November I am aware that the breeze might be strong, but the Atlantic keeps its summer warmth through November - making that tine of year most likely to give you a warmer crossing than one in May or even June. If you are on the right side of the ship (port westbound, starboard eastbound) and there is any sun at all the balcony will be a valued asset.

Priceless information, many thanks.

Priceless information, many thanks.

This is all fascinating and very helpful. Just beginning to research whether to do crossing S/ton to NY then stay for a week or two and crossing back possibly on two different ships. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

This is all fascinating and very helpful. Just beginning to research whether to do crossing S/ton to NY then stay for a week or two and crossing back possibly on two different ships. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

It's very difficult to offer any suggestions but I wholeheartedly recommend that you do the two crossings. Timings might prove to be the hardest issues but QM2 does keep a fairly regular schedule of transatlantics so getting 2 weeks in the US is certainly feasible. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

Having done many crossings in all levels of accommodation with two in Britannia Club. One of those occasions was as a solo traveller.

I found the 'freedom' dining times that Britannia Club offer suited me down to the ground and offer so much more flexibility.

Whatever you choose, have a great crossing on a magnificent ship.

Having done many crossings in all levels of accommodation with two in Britannia Club. One of those occasions was as a solo traveller.

I found the 'freedom' dining times that Britannia Club offer suited me down to the ground and offer so much more flexibility.

Whatever you choose, have a great crossing on a magnificent ship.

Thanks, I hope to have a great time too.

I'm currently binge watching YouTube videos of the ship - honestly I wish I was onboard her right now.

We love the crossings on the QMII and plan more for our future. But since you are crossing in the fall and are open to crossing in the westerly direction, think about crossing on a ship that is repositioning from the Med to the Caribbean. Specifically look into Azamara which has a lower single supplement than Cunard and has a crossing in November from Barcelona to Miami, which we have booked on. Of course, you would have to get from the UK to Barcelona, but not so hard with all the discounted air fares in Europe. And then you would have to get from Miami to where you are based in the States, so maybe this is impractical. Something to explore...