Sicilian Splendors info

avalong

I've gone through the "Reviews" section of CC and found a few reviews for the "Sicilian Splendors" itinerary, but most of them addressed the ship rather than the ports. Can anyone give me their thoughts about the ports on this itinerary?

I have not done the Sicilian Splendors but I have spent a lot of time in Sicily and it is glorious. Trapini is beautiful and you can get to the amazing Greek Temple Segestra from there as well as the gold tiled church Monreale and the town of Eurice, where Maria Gramatico has her famous pastry shop. The port of Agrigento, the ruins are spectacular, but I do not think you can do both Villa Roma and Agrigento. Catania is beautiful, Taromania is on one side as I remember 45 minutes and Syracuse the old town and the ruins 45 minutes in the other direction do not know if you would have time for both. The town above Taromania is a must visit, beautiful, spectacular view and Bar Tourista where a very funny and special surprise awaits you. I would imagine the sail by Mt. Etna would be beautiful as well as the island Lipari. On my bucket list would be Malta and Valletta where there are two Caravaggios, the city is supposed to be losded with history and culture.

This is by far a future cruise for us. Enjoy, Sicily is spectacular.

We are booked on the September 12th sailing. We picked it specifically because we have never visited any of the ports (except for Rome). It looks like there are so many interesting things to see and do. we are pouring through both the excursions offered by Windstar as well as through independent operators to try to find active options. Should be a great trip

We are booked on the September 12th sailing. We picked it specifically because we have never visited any of the ports (except for Rome). It looks like there are so many interesting things to see and do. we are pouring through both the excursions offered by Windstar as well as through independent operators to try to find active options. Should be a great trip

Have a great trip! Please post a review when you return.