Help getting deposit back canceled/family medical

At sea days

Anyone have this problem. Booked on March 31 Quest sailing. Called my T/A to cancel that sailing and re-book for Jan 4 2018 38 days.

We had to cancel as my daughter has Cancer and is not responding to the Chemo and must undergo a new toxic treatment followed by a stem cell transplant. We don't know what the immediate future will hold.

I was not able to cancel by Nov 1 as we did not know the medical situation.

First time to call was Nov 7....they won't let us roll-over the deposit to the next cruise, and might not even give the deposit back!!!!

We have sailed with them over 160 days...

Anyone know who to talk to at Seabourn....

Thank you so much.

Unfortunately if you don't have Travel Insurance. You are probably out of the money. While companies may sympathize and sometimes can help, this is why insurance is available. Strong healing thoughts for your family.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone have this problem. Booked on March 31 Quest sailing. Called my T/A to cancel that sailing and re-book for Jan 4 2018 38 days.

We had to cancel as my daughter has Cancer and is not responding to the Chemo and must undergo a new toxic treatment followed by a stem cell transplant. We don't know what the immediate future will hold.

I was not able to cancel by Nov 1 as we did not know the medical situation.

First time to call was Nov 7....they won't let us roll-over the deposit to the next cruise, and might not even give the deposit back!!!!

We have sailed with them over 160 days...

Anyone know who to talk to at Seabourn....

Thank you so much.

So sorry for your daughter, hope the treatments work for her. I'm sure SB will be sympathetic, If not forget the money and focus on getting you daughter well. Sincerely best wishes.

Edited by divsec

• 2 weeks later...

i am so sorry to hear of your daughters medical condition & pray that she comes back to good health and recovers quickly. My mother is now in pallative care and unfortunately it will be a short time until her journey ends I have cancelled our 30 day trip only two weeks out and understand it is 100% loss however our travel insurance will cover this. I do hope that yours will too.