Signature Travel Network and Platinum AMEX $300 Credits

mp8shnt

Just booked May 2, 2016 Silversea Spirit cruise. Travel agent is part of the Signature Travel Network which offers a few options as a benefit including $500 OBC. I also booked using my Amex Platinum which also has the $300 OBC benefit. Was just told by my travel agency the two are no longer combinable? Anyone else experience this? In the past it was.

Had them on my 2013 booking on Silversea.

I do agree some time ago Silversea combined AMX and their advertised OBC.

But as you know AMX does not actually give anything. They pressure the cruise line to give you the credit as an AMX OBC.

So like Seabourn now; you can just select the largest OBC with no combining because its coming from the same pocket. Only combining that we had lately was the travel agency added some money to our OBC for a cushion.

Host Dan is correct. You can take one or the other and that is simply because the money is coming from the Cruise Line who passes it on to Amex or in this case to the travel consortium.

We recently booked a Silversea cruise and we could go with one not both and took the one that provided the higher benefit as I am sure you will.

Keith

We have been booking our cruises for about 5 years with a Signature Travel Network agent. We were told at the outset that the STN amenity and the AMEX amenity are not combinable. However, Silversea promotions (such as Silver Select, Silver Wave etc) are combinable with EITHER the STN or AMEX amenity. I'm not sure how far back you had benefits combined, but perhaps the STN amenity was combined with a Silversea promotion that you might not have been aware of.

Just always make sure that the Amex and Silversea promotions are on your Silversea invoice. (It should have a line that says "AMEX Plat" and "Silver Wave", for example.) I recently had the experience where I asked my agent (NOT the STN one) to add the Amex benefit to the invoice. I didn't follow up because I didn't want to micromanage the agent. Lo and behold, when we were on the cruise, I received no notification of the Amex benefit and the front desk had no record of it. They asked to see my Silversea or TA invoice (which I didn't have with me). I returned home, looked at the invoice and it was never added. So the moral of the story is make sure it is added to your invoice, and if you remember, take your Silversea invoice with you on the cruise. The above being said, we have never had an issue with receiving credits before that one cruise, and suffice it to say we will not be using the agent who we used for that one voyage again.