FLL-Winter Fest Boat Parade

Leftyinfwa

HOW crowded does it get along/around the water route of the the parade this Saturday ?

Any recommendations where to SEE it ?

Out of towner overnight for a next day cruise

Happy Holidays

Thanks

LEFTY

Best place for out of towners is Hugh Birch State Park.

https://winterfestparade.com/events/grandstand-viewing-area

Worth the $25 per person.

I don't know of anywhere free to watch as most places are fund raisers for churches etc or waterfront restaurants.

It really is a do not miss event.

Where are you staying? The boats stage on the New River off Las Olas Blvd. and head north on the Intracoastal. Traffic is insane so if you can't walk, don't bother unless you have tickets. The bridges go up around 5 pm along the route until about 10 or 11pm. Depending where you are staying (beach or mainland), you'll be stuck until they go back down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where are you staying? The boats stage on the New River off Las Olas Blvd. and head north on the Intracoastal. Traffic is insane so if you can't walk, don't bother unless you have tickets. The bridges go up around 5 pm along the route until about 10 or 11pm. Depending where you are staying (beach or mainland), you'll be stuck until they go back down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would never say not to go, just plan accordingly and get there early and traffic isn't a problem.

The Andrews and 3rd Street Bridges are down early, like 8PM.

HOW crowded does it get along/around the water route of the the parade this Saturday ?

Any recommendations where to SEE it ?

Out of towner overnight for a next day cruise

Happy Holidays

Thanks

LEFTY

The closer to Las Olas you are the better it is. The boats start getting strung out and maybe drop out the farther north you go. By the time they get past Oakland Park Blvd. and up to Commercial Blvd. it gets pretty strung out and a little anti-climactic when you have to wait 10 minutes or so in between boats.

Downtown will be crowded but there is a different vibe and buzz with all the boats right together.

I am at riverside hotel now and it's packed, all rooms booked. I see in the lobby they are having grandstand seating, food, and drinks for 75pp

I was in Ryan's bar in the lobby last night for pre ballet drinks with my hubs. We were both in black and very tall!

• 2 weeks later...
I was in Ryan's bar in the lobby last night for pre ballet drinks with my hubs. We were both in black and very tall!

We had friends in there also using happy hour. After we checked in we all decided to go down to American social to eat and try their happy hour. We had a good time and the food was perfect. Then we spent an hour or two walking las Olas. Great area. Enjoyed the hotel also. We didn't miss 17th st. At all. We left on harmony the 10th

Edited by setsail

So I am a bit confused...not surprising!!! Is there a hotel that is right on the parade route?:confused:

There are several, but the Riverside overlooks where the parade starts.

Of course the Boat Parade was 8 days ago so you will have to wait 356 days until the next one.

We had friends in there also using happy hour. After we checked in we all decided to go down to American social to eat and try their happy hour. We had a good time and the food was perfect. Then we spent an hour or two walking las Olas. Great area. Enjoyed the hotel also. We didn't miss 17th st. At all. We left on harmony the 10th

THANK YOU!!!

I try and get people off 17th Street all the time. Glad you enjoyed my 'hood!

American Social has fantastic food.