Ventura - Riveria Deck Cabins - R748 - R746 - R747 - R749

cruisefan2012

Just wondered if anybody has ever had R748 - R746 - R747 - R749 on Ventura

I would like one of these cabins but just wondered if anybody had had them on a previous cruise and how they would rate them for noise either above or below the cabins?...

Handy locations for the buffet restuarants and outside areas at the rear end of the ship

I stayed in r749 on Azura and we never noticed much noise. None from terrace or buffet area. The only thing we heard was something mechanical sounding upon docking. Not enough to stop me having the cabin again though, it was lovely watching the sunset in the wake.

I stayed in second balcony cabin on starboard side on Ventura and found it quiet and excellent for the terrace bar and other infrastructure in that area. There is a door just at the end of the corridor that leads you straight out onto the terrace. In fact I was so impressed with the area of the ship I have booked one of the cabins mentioned in your title.

Regards John

If budget demands we have an inside Cabin we always try to go on Riveria deck because without a balcony you have no where to sit if your not in bed, on Riveria it's only a few steps and you can be on desk, lovely place to sit out late at night with a nightcap.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Lovely out of the way cabin with a different layout due to the 90 degree change of where the windows are on the aft of the ship instead of the side. No noise or other issues and for muster drill they open the crew staircase just by the cabin. The staircases are shown on deck plans as a white bit at the aft corners of the ship. Please note that the same cabins on Azura have Balconies unlike on Ventura which are simply window, ocean view cabins. I highly recommend these cabins on both ships.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Hi John.

When you say a different layout to the cabin. What exactly do you mean? Is the arrangement different from standard balcony cabins?

Many Thanks

D

The beds in these cabins are positioned from port to starboard across the ship.

(Normally the beds lie forward to stern.)

Same on the Azura for these cabins.

Hi John.

When you say a different layout to the cabin. What exactly do you mean? Is the arrangement different from standard balcony cabins?

Many Thanks

D

I must warn you that these cabins on Ventura do not have a Balcony at all! A 90 degree shift in bed orientation.

Azura was built a bit later and they decided for this ship it would be beneficial to add Balconies for these four cabins.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

• 2 weeks later...