Which cruise terminal, Singapore

Krakatoa

It was on a Singapore Port site with a blurb about the new terminal being

able to handle the largest Cruise Liners then at the end, ".....operational 2015..."

I am going with the Azamara site which states that the Journey will sail from

the original Cruise Centre on 23rd. December 2012

I'm sailing on that same cruise. I can't find the information on the Azamara website. Can you point me to it?

However, I went to the old Singapore cruise terminal site: http://www.singaporecruise.com/, and did a search on which ships were leaving it between Dec 22 and Dec 24:

http://www.singaporecruise.com.sg/index.php/leaving-singapore/cruise/schedules/

I find 3 boats: Costa Victoria, Seabourn Pride, and Superstar Virgo. No Azamara Journey.

Then I went to the new terminal site: http://www.mbccs.com.sg/index.php, and did the same search using the search boxes on that same page: There I do find the Azamara Journey...

So which information is right, the cruise terminal info or the Azamara info? At this point I think we have to ask Mr Leiber!

I have a vested interest in this because when we come back I would very much like to uuse the new terminal's airport check-in...

Well, from experience I wouldn't bet on Azamara being correct! A superb cruise experience but everything else leaves a lot to be desired. :)

We are also sailing out of the new terminal on the Journey on the 18 April next year. Alongside us will be Ocean Princess which is also one of the original R ships [R Four, Journey is R Six]. Will be interesting to compare how they both look - although Journey should have the advantage as she won't have been out of dry dock long.

I cannot see the new terminal being ready for final opening soon.

It was not anywhere near that state in Feb this year. When the building is ready, the docks will not be

Not only the terminal, but all new docks are being installed in a bay beside where we departed the ship in Feb.

I came in to the old terminal on Az. Left & returned on RC Liberty from the same area - then as I was to leave again on Seabourn, we had to bus to the commercial docks 20 min away.

When I asked we were told no ship will be promised berth in the old area - if construction limits space, even ships expecting to berth there may be moved.

There is a lot of dreging being done to accomadate the new docks and equipment sometimes gets in the way, and forms were being build in the open water areas to put in pillars etc.

This info said it opened in May:confused: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marina_Bay_Cruise_Centre_Singapore

And this site says it opened this week:confused::confused: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Travel/Chunk-HT-UI-TravelSectionPage-TravelStories/Singapore-opens-new-cruise-terminal-eyes-Asian-market/Article1-949328.aspx

Edited by Christine Frances

The first link to Wikipedia says that the terminal was completed on May 22, 2012 and it received its first ship, the "Voyager of the Seas", on 26 May 2012. It then goes on to say that the official opening ceremony of MBCCS is slated for late 2012. The second reference is presumably to the official opening referred to above as late 2012.

The Journey is shown berthed at the new terminal on 22/24 December 2012, 6 and 26 Jan 2013, 19 Feb 2013 and 17/18 April 2013 [which is the one I'm interested in as we will be on board. :)

I agree with berkshireboy. It would seem the Journey will depart from the Marine Bay Cruise Centre and not from the Harbour Front Centre as directed in the Azamara site.

The Azamara site has a whole page with directions how to get to the Harbour Front Centre which does not list the Journey in its schedules.

All we need is confirmation from Azamara.

We are on Journey's next voyage out, which is not listed on berkshireboy's link. Of interest is that the Queen Mary 2 will be at the port in Mid-February, on an Andorra to Andorra cruise. That is pretty fascinating, because I was not aware that Andorra was a sea faring nation. (No joke, look for yourselves, you can't make this stuff up!) I suspect you/we are leaving from Marina Bay, but as Ronald Reagan used to quote: "Trust, but Verify". If it is Marina Bay, do yourselves a favor, and spend some time at the Marina Bay Gardens, they should not be missed! Best regards,

Dr H

Krakatoa, thanks for raising the question, and make sure you get to the Gardens. Kampol, your link was appreciated, meet you on board. The old port probably makes sense for us, that is where the dry dock area is. It won't matter where I get off, but I don't want to miss the 10PM departure! Signing off,

Dr H

Mr Leiber, can you please reply to that question? Does the Dec. 23, 2012, Singapore round trip cruise dock in the new cruise terminal in Singapore or not? As you can see by reading this thread there is conflicting information...

Hello Hermione60 and others -

I'm sorry for my delay in seeking out the correct terminal location in Singapore and I've requested that information from our ship operation's team.

I'll get back to you all shortly and apologize for this confusion.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thank you very much Bill, I appreciate what you're doing and will be very happy to hear (read!) your findings.

I just got the electronic documents for our cruise and they specifically mention the Marina Bay (aka New) terminal, but I won't be totally sure until you say so :)

Thank you very much Bill, I appreciate what you're doing and will be very happy to hear (read!) your findings.

I just got the electronic documents for our cruise and they specifically mention the Marina Bay (aka New) terminal, but I won't be totally sure until you say so :)

Hello Hermione60 and others -

The Azamara Journey is scheduled to be at the new Marina Bay Cruise Center Singapore on December 23, 2012 as well as on disembarkation the January 6, 2013.

Here is the website: www.mbccs.com.sg

From the home page you can then click on "Cruise Information."

My best wishes for a wonderful Azamara vacation!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

• 4 years later...

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the information . . . BUT . . . I had already been to that site and have just been again and there is no listing at all for any Azamara ship from 26 November to 9 February.

Currently, the only ship listed to be docked at the Marina Bay Cruise Center on 23 December is Mariner of the Seas from 8am to 5pm.

So there is a berth vacant . . . perhaps the website has not been updated .....

The end of the cruise looks a bit tight . . . due to dock at 8am on 5 January. Norwegian Star is due to dock at 6am the same day and Mein Schiff arriving the day before is not due to leave until 7pm on 5 January.

Cheers,

Trish

Hi Trish

I just looked on the schedule for the Singapore Cruise Centre ( this is the old cruise port in the harbour just about opposite Sentosa) and it states that Azamara Jorney will be docking there on the 5th Jan 2017.

Last time we boarded Azamara in Singapore we boarded at the new terminal at Marina Bay, so wasn't expecting this, (we are boarding on the 6th to Hong Kong).