(Probably) a dumb question about swimwear...

GarethShelley

My wife I and will be going on our first cruise in early July, on the Queen Victoria.

Looking in the brochure, one thing that has me slightly intrigued is the comment "swimwear must be covered up before entering enclosed areas".

So, if we've spent a few hours by (or in the pool), are there changing rooms in that area to change clothes in before and after swimming?

In a hotel environment after I swim I'd normally dry off in the sun for a while on a lounger, then put a t-shirt on to cover up while I walk back to the hotel room (I wear swimming shorts by the way, NOT 'budgie-smuggler style trunks), and for the ladies, there are maxi-dresses and shawls widely available to put on over swimwear, but I'm not familiar with a male equivalent.

For clarity, I'm talking about what to wear when walking directly to my stateroom from the pool area, not stopping off ANYWHERE en route.

Edited by GarethShelley
Clarity

Cover up with what though? I'd wear a t-shirt or short sleeved shirt over my upper body. But how do I cover up my damp swim shorts? It would be a struggle to get another pair of shorts over the top, and they'd soak up the residual water. Do people take bath robes up to wear on their return to the cabin?

My husband would just wear a tee shirt over his swim shorts. After all, some swim shorts look like shorts anyway.

That's what my husband does - after wrapping a towel around himself to absorb as much of the dripping water first. Then bin the towl and walk back in the damp swimshorts.

Or just lie on a lounger until dry.

There is actually a toilet/changing room on the port side.

By the sound of things, you will be fine. They just don't want people (especially of a certain age) wandering around in inappropriate skimpy gear when people are trying to eat their hourly food allowance in the Lido.

Stewart

The Q.V has 2 pools both on deck 9, 1 the lido pool 2 the Pavilion pool, With a little bit of planning ( by looking at the deck plans) You can plot a rout so that you do not enter any of the public rooms Apart from Corridors & Lift Areas