Our Blog for New York and QM2 in May

DadTheBigKid

Hi all,

we are three weeks away from our 25th Wedding Anniversary adventure.

We have started a blog and aim to update it with pictures and comments while we are away when we can and ensure it is completed soon after we return.

If anyone is interested follow this link.

Main reason for this blog is the memories long after we have returned

http://dadthebigkidonqm2.blogspot.co.uk

:)

You will have a wonderful time - we did a May crossing in 2014 for TheMr's birthday - just before we left we decided to get married so it turned into a honeymoon as well. It was fabulous - and the reason I still look at cruisecritic almost daily just to get my Cunard fix.

You will have a wonderful time - we did a May crossing in 2014 for TheMr's birthday - just before we left we decided to get married so it turned into a honeymoon as well. It was fabulous - and the reason I still look at cruisecritic almost daily just to get my Cunard fix.

Well in that case...

Happy Second Anniversary mariposa:)

Cheers!

-S.

I will certainly read with interest! Your enthusiasm is infectious. Thank you for your willingness to share your adventure with us. I hope you have a wonderful voyage.

Jimmybean

Thank you Jimmybean. It was this site that gave us the initial idea so its only fair! Also it is a great tool for us to look back on later.:)

Well happy anniversary to you both.

We cannot wait and like you I think it will be Cunard only for us, that's a bit unfair as I have no experience of other lines...but :)

Oh how exciting! I will be following your journey, I am sure it will be absolutely wonderful! Have an amazing time, I am looking forward to reading more about it.

Nicky

Well I hope we keep it fresh for you. I already feel the first posts are a bit plain.

Cannot wait and I love the idea of the countdown on the blog!

I hope you update it daily as I'll be checking in. I'm doing a NYC stay and TA in November so your experiences may be useful :)

We aim to update as much as we can.

We feel a bit prepared after reading posts here and watching videos on you tube.

I hope at least something we blog will help you.

How exciting! Thank you for sharing. My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on the 1/3 crossing from January. Can't wait to read about your trip.

Well Happy Anniversary to you both too :)

This is a great place to read and share

Great start to your blog, D-T-B-K!

Just want to mention that internet on a crossing can be expensive and, sometimes, extremely slow. After a few Cunard voyages, you start getting some free internet time, but on your first, it's a little shocking how much it costs, considering how poorly it can be working.

Please, don't feel obligated to blog frequently, while on the ship, if you find it frustrating. It is also lovely to read people's after-voyage summaries and opinions.

Excitement has always been high, whenever DH and I have boarded QM2. It never gets old. Maybe, thrilling is another word to describe the experience…

But, it's also one of the nicest place to truly relax and become renewed.

So, blog as you wish, but with so much else to do, don't feel guilty about having us wait a little for your story, if that is the way it works out.

Relax! Have fun! Meet and mingle! Circle the promenade. Read a book. Have a drink. Take a nap. Visit the gym. Play some cards. Stare out the window. View the bridge. Count the lifeboats. Learn all the ships nooks and crannies. Ask for lunch seating with others. Ask for lunch seating alone. Enjoy your anniversary !!!! That is what is all about :) A love story...

Just want to mention that internet on a crossing can be expensive and, sometimes, extremely slow. After a few Cunard voyages, you start getting some free internet time, but on your first, it's a little shocking how much it costs, considering how poorly it can be working. Please, don't feel obligated to blog frequently, while on the ship, if you find it frustrating. It is also lovely to read people's after-voyage summaries and opinions. Excitement has always been high, whenever DH and I have boarded QM2. It never gets old. Maybe, thrilling is another word to describe the experience… But, it's also one of the nicest place to truly relax and become renewed. So, blog as you wish, but with so much else to do, don't feel guilty about having us wait a little for your story, if that is the way it works out. Relax! Have fun! Meet and mingle! Circle the promenade. Read a book. Have a drink. Take a nap. Visit the gym. Play some cards. Stare out the window. View the bridge. Count the lifeboats. Learn all the ships nooks and crannies. Ask for lunch seating with others. Ask for lunch seating alone. Enjoy your anniversary !!!! That is what is all about :) A love story...

LIKE! :)

(Well said)

Hi all,

we are three weeks away from our 25th Wedding Anniversary adventure.

We have started a blog and aim to update it with pictures and comments while we are away when we can and ensure it is completed soon after we return.

If anyone is interested follow this link.

Main reason for this blog is the memories long after we have returned

http://dadthebigkidonqm2.blogspot.co.uk:)

Hi DadTheBigKid,

May I also wish you both a huge Bon Voyage and a very Happy 25th Anniversary.

Have the most wonderful time on board, do lots of exploring (there is a lot of ship to explore!).

One tip; take a marker pen to note on the invaluable Daily Programme (delivered to your cabin evenings ready for the next day) what you wish to see/attend each day (I take mine to breakfast and have a good read). There is so much to do that it is easy, unless you make a note, to miss things you really wanted not to miss (this is the voice of bitter experience talking here :( ).

As jimmybean has wisely said, internet access is erratic and expensive. Posting large picture files especially so :eek:

However I am very much looking forward to reading all about your voyage when you've finished your blog and added all your photos.

My first crossing (September '06) on QM2 was supposed to be a "once-in-a-lifetime/once-only" trip.

Queen Mary 2 so got under my skin that I'm now a Diamond member and as well as QM2 I added cruises on QE2, QE & QV. My next QM2 cruise is in November in the Caribbean to celebrate my ten years of sailing Cunard :)

Again, have the most amazing, wonderful, fantastic time on board the astounding QM2 :) .

Edited by pepperrn

Just want to mention that internet on a crossing can be expensive and, sometimes, extremely slow. After a few Cunard voyages, you start getting some free internet time, but on your first, it's a little shocking how much it costs, considering how poorly it can be working.

Please, don't feel obligated to blog frequently, while on the ship, if you find it frustrating. It is also lovely to read people's after-voyage summaries and opinions.

Excitement has always been high, whenever DH and I have boarded QM2. It never gets old. Maybe, thrilling is another word to describe the experience…

But, it's also one of the nicest place to truly relax and become renewed.

So, blog as you wish, but with so much else to do, don't feel guilty about having us wait a little for your story, if that is the way it works out.

Relax! Have fun! Meet and mingle! Circle the promenade. Read a book. Have a drink. Take a nap. Visit the gym. Play some cards. Stare out the window. View the bridge. Count the lifeboats. Learn all the ships nooks and crannies. Ask for lunch seating with others. Ask for lunch seating alone. Enjoy your anniversary !!!! That is what is all about :) A love story...

Thank you very much for your wisdom and kind words.

All duly noted.

It all starts in a fraction over 2 weeks :)

Hi DadTheBigKid,

May I also wish you both a huge Bon Voyage and a very Happy 25th Anniversary.

Have the most wonderful time on board, do lots of exploring (there is a lot of ship to explore!).

One tip; take a marker pen to note on the invaluable Daily Programme (delivered to your cabin evenings ready for the next day) what you wish to see/attend each day (I take mine to breakfast and have a good read). There is so much to do that it is easy, unless you make a note, to miss things you really wanted not to miss (this is the voice of bitter experience talking here :( ).

As jimmybean has wisely said, internet access is erratic and expensive. Posting large picture files especially so :eek:

However I am very much looking forward to reading all about your voyage when you've finished your blog and added all your photos.

My first crossing (September '06) on QM2 was supposed to be a "once-in-a-lifetime/once-only" trip.

Queen Mary 2 so got under my skin that I'm now a Diamond member and as well as QM2 I added cruises on QE2, QE & QV. My next QM2 cruise is in November in the Caribbean to celebrate my ten years of sailing Cunard :)

Again, have the most amazing, wonderful, fantastic time on board the astounding QM2 :) .

As with jimmybean thank you for your words of wisdom and kindness. We have said when we booked it this was a once in a lifetime holiday....that feeling didn't last long :)

I look forward to hearing more words of wisdom in the next few months and years.

10 years on Cunard... Nice :D

Hope you have a fantastic trip, what a lovely way to celebrate your 25th wedding anniversary.

Look forward to reading and following your blog. I'm thinking of combining a few days in New York with a New England cruise on QM2 next year (to celebrate my 50th) so look forward to reading all about New York!

Hope you have a fantastic trip, what a lovely way to celebrate your 25th wedding anniversary.

Look forward to reading and following your blog. I'm thinking of combining a few days in New York with a New England cruise on QM2 next year (to celebrate my 50th) so look forward to reading all about New York!

Well we will do our best with New York News.

I haven't looked at a New England Cruise ( or if I do I have forgot!) , Cathy has mentioned looking at New England a few times. Let us know what you think after your cruise please.

Many thanks, I'm just starting to plan our trip now. Will let you know what we think of the New England cruise. Like the look of the hotel you have booked in New York!

Planning is the exciting part, enjoy that.

Cathy sourced the hotel and it looks good. CASA also have one on Times Square.