Alternative Dining QM2

DG12345

Hi,

I'm off a Transatlantic voyage on the QM2, departing on the 1st August this year. This is my first time on the QM2 so I apologise if this is a pretty obvious question. I'm travelling with another couple and Cunard have linked our bookings (we will be dining in the main Britannia dining room). However, on one of the nights we'd like to eat in The Verandah, can I pre book this before I sail and link the two bookings together to form a table for four. I'd also like try out the dining in Kings Court in the evening and wondered what your thoughts were on this?

Yes you can pre-book the Verandah restaurant through your Voyage Personaliser.

The Kings Court will have been completely changed after the refurbishment. You can chose either self-service or the speciality option at $15.

While the verandah sounds interesting and may be worthy of a try, On all of my Cunard voyages the main dining room has proven to be such a wonderful experience between just the overall ambiance to the great tablemates (always a large table) that eating (One really does not dine) in the Kings Court never got a second thought. On a world cruise I only took one evening meal in the buffet and it was not up to my standards. Can't see the value of an extra $15 for the Kings Court alternatives as one can get most of that food in the luncheon buffet and many times in the Britannia Dining Room.

But food is very much a personal opinion. I would hold off on the Kings Court idea until getting on board. A TA is over before you begin and you may not wish to waste an evening.

IMHO the Britannia experience is very very nice. Food is quite good, but the interior is spectacular. But on the QM2 we love to dine at the special pop-up restaurants in Kings Court in the evening. The two that work best for us are Coriander (Indian cuisine) and the pan-Asian (is the name "Lotus?" I don't remember. Senior moment). The food is exquisite, inventive, served in multi-courses and well worth the extra cost. We adore Asian cuisine and they do it very well. However we also adore spice, so we have learned to ask for additional spice to make it hot. But I do warn you: In the old Kings Court configuration, it could feel as though one were dining in a high school cafeteria with the milk machine next to you and the dishes crashing into the dish washing machine. I hope they make this more up-market in the re-design. Even if they don't, we will ignore the shortcomings and return because the food is so very, very good. Bon appetit!